Acceptable Behavior

HighSeas77

Susan... I'm just remined of an old joke.

On a very crowded London to Penzance train an American tourist steps into a 6-seat compartment loooking for a seat.

Four men are in the compartment and a fifth iseat is occuppied by a real pompous looking lady. Her large dog is sitting in the sixth seat.

The American, very politely, askes the lady if she would put her dog on the floor so he could have the seat. The lady suddenly launches into a verbal attack and refuses to move the dog. After a few minutes the American picks the dog up and throws it out of the window and takes the seat.

One of the English gentlemen says to the others, "The Americans are such stupid people. They drive on the wrong side of the road. They hold their fork in the wrong hand. They spell words incorrectly. And now this idiot has thrown the wrong bitch off the train!"

Stephen

Oh Stephen..Thanks for giving DH & me such a good laugh over that one!

On the Prinsendam, we had a small table for 6 & were given exceptional service in the DR by our Stewards..One day our Assist. Steward was working in the Lido & insisted on carrying my tray to our table..I really did not need to have my tray carried & when I thanked him suggested he was spoiling me..I added that some of the older ladies really needed more help than me..His answer to me was; "You never fail to thank us & give us a big smile for every little thing we do at dinner & this is the least I could do to show you our appreciation & thanks for being so nice to us"..I was humbled by that & never fail to show appreciation for every little thing the staff does for us..When we left the ship, the ladies at the table hugged both our Waiters..I was later chagrined to learn on Cruise Critic, that this was not the proper thing for ladies to do with Indonesian Men, as it embarrasses them:o ..However Sail 7 Seas pointed out to me that our Stewards understood & knew we were expressing our love & appreciation & it was OK to do..

But still remembering what others had said, on the last cruise on the Ryndam, we thanked our Waiters for the wonderful service, but I held out my hand & did not initiate the hug...I was taken aback when both Stewards hugged me & my friend after shaking our DH's hand..From now on, I won't feel as guilty about thanking our wonderful crew with a hug when we leave the ship & now realize that Sail was right again!..

That's why Sail was picked to be the Mariner's Representative when the Noordam was launched..Heed her wisdom about cruising folks & you'll never go wrong!:)

Hope you all have a very Wonderful Christmas & a Happy Healthy & Peaceful New Year....And Happy Cruising..:) Betty

P.S. Hammybee your dog story reminded me of the wonderful story you told us about your dog & your neighbors bed..Did you ever submit it to Readers Digest?

Susan... I'm just remined of an old joke.

On a very crowded London to Penzance train an American tourist steps into a 6-seat compartment loooking for a seat.

Four men are in the compartment and a fifth iseat is occuppied by a real pompous looking lady. Her large dog is sitting in the sixth seat.

The American, very politely, askes the lady if she would put her dog on the floor so he could have the seat. The lady suddenly launches into a verbal attack and refuses to move the dog. After a few minutes the American picks the dog up and throws it out of the window and takes the seat.

One of the English gentlemen says to the others, "The Americans are such stupid people. They drive on the wrong side of the road. They hold their fork in the wrong hand. They spell words incorrectly. And now this idiot has thrown the wrong bitch off the train!"

I, and PETA, agree with the English Gentleman! :D ;)

Thanks, Stephen ... perfectly off-colour. :D

P.S. Hammybee your dog story reminded me of the wonderful story you told us about your dog & your neighbors bed..Did you ever submit it to Readers Digest?

You have a good memory. It's the same dog too. It's interesting the pieces of all of our lives, that we seem to know. Have a great holiday.

Sorry for going off topic.

Archived