any suggestions for "Must Have" souvenirs from Costa Maya?

KTownGirl

Hi all,

My fiance and I are going on our first for our honeymoon in April on the Carnival Legend. I'd like to make sure I get a few souvenirs(that you can't get anywhere else) from all the ports that we're visiting, so I'm looking for suggestions.

So, if you could help out by completing the following sentence, I'd really appreciate it!!

"Before you leave Costa Maya, make SURE you get/buy..........?"

Thanks!!

event.png

A ceramic sun face wall thingy ... very colorful, you can get them in a shop in the building (as opposed to the huts) at the far end from the pier, for less than $10. Good gifts. The same place sells cheap ($5) blankets (good for cats, but bulky to carry).

PS Beware, the pushiest shopkeepers, mostly in the huts/kiosks, seem to have very inflated prices.

(And skip the vanilla, you can get good quality, cheap Madagascar vanilla right at your neighborhood Costco)

Hi all,

"Before you leave Costa Maya, make SURE you get/buy..........?"

Some sunshine, some relaxation, a coconut turned into a rum drink, and some grilled shrimp - have an adventure - print a "map" and visit Chac-Chi. We had a great time there.

Jan

Go to the fishing village, the silver there is much cheaper and they give you much better deals than in the port! I found some good cheap vanilla there as well.

Also brush up on spanish. We found by reading and listening a lot that some of the silver in the port was silver plated. I have never been more happy that Jeff speaks fluent spanish!!

Archived