Sad news for Vancouver visitors

I'm sorry to say that Stanley Park, the largest municipal park in Canada has been devasted by a massive wind storm. During the height of the storm winds were huricane force and caused huge portions of the trees to blow down. Some areas have only a few trees left standing. The park is now closed and it could take a while to re-open it.

The good news is that I guarantee it will be opened again in time for the restart fo the 2007 Alaska cruising season. The bad news it will never be the same again

:(.

Sorry to hear that. We had the same storm blitz through America's Vancouver, Washington USA. Trees down, electrcity out, roofs torn off from houses, houses smashed by Fir trees. Then it snowed the next day and has been very cold down here!! We hope all is better up north. But hey, we are headed south in about 5 weeks.

I'm sorry to say that Stanley Park, the largest municipal park in Canada has been devasted by a massive wind storm. During the height of the storm winds were huricane force and caused huge portions of the trees to blow down. Some areas have only a few trees left standing. The park is now closed and it could take a while to re-open it.

The good news is that I guarantee it will be opened again in time for the restart fo the 2007 Alaska cruising season. The bad news it will never be the same again

:(.

Very sorry to hear the news. On our Alaska cruise in Sept. 06, Stanley Park was the hilite of our pre-cruise stay. Very memorable.

Archived