Kona or hilo

paulabr

Kona or Hilo for a rental car? Sorry I did see it here once, but can't seem to find it now. What stop is better for a rental car? :confused:

Thanks in Advance

I would try one of the local overnighters companies like Roberts Overnighters. I lived in Hawaii for about 10 years.

It takes a whole day to drive around this island it is so big, Kona is very interesting. It has green horse farms that remind me of Kentucky. The black lava rock in Kona and the coffee is great.

My caveat about Hilo is it usually always rains. Its the rainy side of the island and winter is the rainy time. Hilo is a less expensive tourist area and closer to the volanic eruption if that is what you want to see.

Maui is my favorite island by far. Sorry to be so preduiced against Big Island. I love Hawaii though. Im so jealous you are going to be there lol. You will love it no matter what you do.

Kona or Hilo for a rental car? Sorry I did see it here once, but can't seem to find it now. What stop is better for a rental car? :confused:

Thanks in Advance

Depends very much on what you want to do/see, but if you are only going to get a car in one place, I'd say Hilo, like MikeKaye, and go to the Volcano. There's more in walking distance of the pier in Kona than in walking distance of the pier in Hilo, too.

Archived