Liberty and Freedom switching Itineraries in 2008

CCLNCLRCICRUISER

Not sure if this is old news, I was just looking on the Carnival site. Freedom will be moving to Ft Lauderdale after it returns from Europe Nov 22 doing the 6 and 8 day Western and Eastern cruises.

Liberty will be moving to Miami, May 31, 2008 doing 7 day cruises. The Eastern goes to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, San Juan and St Thomas.

Well, really in this case Liberty is taking over the old Triumph route.

I didnt see a press release on this, but I have been away from the boards for awhile.

Yes,that correct for 2007...I was talking about 2008.

Ahhh.....when Freedom returns 11/22/08?.....gotcha.....makes sense:D .....seems they're sending the Europe cruise ships to FLL after another takes over...which for Freedom it would mean Splendor will be taking over which comes out Spring of 2009.........LOL.....I swear, it's easy for me to mix years up with all the cruises I have going....do it all the time!:p

Carnival Liberty To Operate Year-Round Seven-Day Cruises from Miami Beginning in 2008 spacer.gif

12/21/2006 spacer.gif

MIAMI (December 19, 2006) – Carnival Cruise Lines’ 110,000-ton Carnival Liberty will launch a new seven-day Caribbean cruise schedule from Miami featuring a variety of tropical ports of call, including the cruise industry’s newest destination, Grand Turk, and the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay beginning in May 2008.

In addition, Carnival Liberty’s sister ship, the new Carnival Freedom, will reposition to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., to assume the Carnival Liberty’s popular six- and eight-day Caribbean cruises beginning in November 2008.

"Carnival is the Caribbean cruise leader and these new deployments offer consumers even greater opportunities to visit a variety of spectacular ports within the region aboard two of the cruise industry’s largest and most amenity-laden ships, Carnival Liberty and Carnival Freedom," said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Carnival Liberty’s Week-Long Caribbean Cruises from Miami

Carnival Liberty’s year-round schedule of alternating seven-day "exotic" eastern and western Caribbean cruises from Miami debuts in May 2008 and offers an unmatched combination of popular island destinations and less visited ports of call.

The "exotic" eastern Caribbean itinerary, operating May 31 – Oct. 18, 2008, features Grand Turk, a pristine island offering gorgeous beaches and aqua-blue waters popular with snorkelers and scuba divers the world over, and Half Moon Cay, a private Bahamian island with magnificent beaches and a diversity of watersports. St. Thomas, known for its duty-free bargains and excellent beaches, and a full day call in San Juan, Puerto Rico’s capital featuring outstanding restaurants and shops, round out this attractive itinerary. Beginning Nov. 1, 2008, Carnival Liberty’s seven-day eastern Caribbean cruises will call at San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

The western route, which begins May 24, 2008, is equally appealing, featuring visits to the popular seaside towns of Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Each of these resort destinations offers a diversity of cultures, interesting historical landmarks and attractions, excellent shopping and dining opportunities, and magnificent white-sand beaches, all of which are enjoyed in a distinctive laid-back Caribbean atmosphere.

Carnival Freedom’s New Six- and Eight-Day Cruises from Fort Lauderdale

Following its previously announced 2008 Mediterranean/Greek Isles schedule and transatlantic crossing, Carnival Freedom will reposition to Fort Lauderdale to operate six- and eight-day cruises beginning November 22, 2008. Carnival Freedom is currently under construction at Italy’s Fincantieri shipyard and slated to debut in Europe March 5, 2007.

On Carnival Freedom’s new schedule from Fort Lauderdale, currently operated by Carnival Liberty, six-day cruises depart Sundays and visit Freeport, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya, while eight-day voyages depart Saturdays and alternate to the eastern and exotic western Caribbean.

Eight-day eastern Caribbean voyages feature five ports: San Juan, St. Thomas/St. John, Antigua, Tortola/Virgin Gorda, and Nassau. Western Caribbean cruises include Limon (Costa Rica), Colon (Panama) and Costa Maya.

In addition to the convenience of a weekend departure, the six- and eight-day cruises offer unforgettable landside experiences, everything from visiting centuries-old ruins and archeological sites to snorkeling, scuba diving and other watersports opportunities, along with some of the world’s best beaches.

Variety of ‘Fun Ship’ Amenities

Carnival Liberty and Carnival Freedom each offer a wide range of on-board facilities and features, including a 13,300-square-foot health club, 22 lounges and bars, four swimming pools and Carnival’s signature "Twister Waterslide." Two of the most technologically advanced ships at sea, Carnival Liberty and Carnival Freedom also feature "100 percent bow to stern" wireless Internet access, cell phone service, and a 270-square-foot LED screen on Lido Deck displaying concerts, movies, and other programming.

Each ship also houses four restaurants, including twin two-level main dining rooms, an expansive casual poolside eatery and a steakhouse-style reservations-only supper club. Family-friendly amenities include a 4,200-square-foot "Camp Carnival" children’s play area and a 1,800-square-foot "Club O2" teen club.

A wide range of spacious accommodation categories are available, many with private balconies – ideal for scenic Caribbean cruising.

Pricing and Reservations

Carnival is currently accepting reservations for the new Caribbean schedules aboard Carnival Liberty and Carnival Freedom.

Prices for Carnival Liberty’s seven-day cruises from Miami are available starting at $479 per person while Carnival Freedom’s new six- and eight-day voyages from Fort Lauderdale begin at $329 and $649, respectively, based on double occupancy.

Special rates for third and fourth guests sailing in the same stateroom, along with round-trip air transportation from a variety of North American gateways and pre- and post-cruise land packages in South Florida, are also available.

Ahhh.....when Freedom returns 11/22/08?.....gotcha.....makes sense:D .....seems they're sending the Europe cruise ships to FLL after another takes over...which for Freedom it would mean Splendor will be taking over which comes out Spring of 2009.........LOL.....I swear, it's easy for me to mix years up with all the cruises I have going....do it all the time!:p

I thought the Splendor was set for 2008? If not that's going to throw off my whole cruise plan for the next four years...Freedom in 2007, Splendor in 2008, Unnamed 130,000GT ship in 2009, and recently announced unnamed 130,000GT ship in 2010 (which will put us as Platinum guests)! :D

I thought the Splendor was set for 2008? If not that's going to throw off my whole cruise plan for the next four years...Freedom in 2007, Splendor in 2008, Unnamed 130,000GT ship in 2009, and recently announced unnamed 130,000GT ship in 2010 (which will put us as Platinum guests)! :D

Yes, Splendor will debut in Spring 08. This is from another press release:

110,000-ton Carnival Freedom, scheduled for delivery in March 2007, the 112,000-ton Carnival Splendor slated to enter service in spring 2008, and an as-yet-unnamed 130,000-ton SuperLiner – to be the largest "Fun Ship" ever constructed – set to debut in fall 2009.

Yes, Splendor will debut in Spring 08. This is from another press release:

110,000-ton Carnival Freedom, scheduled for delivery in March 2007, the 112,000-ton Carnival Splendor slated to enter service in spring 2008, and an as-yet-unnamed 130,000-ton SuperLiner – to be the largest "Fun Ship" ever constructed – set to debut in fall 2009.

Correct.........lol...I swear I need a CRUISE!....but then lately I've been dating checks 2007.....I live in the future on cruises. :p :D

Archived