disembarkation time for dawn???

kevinsmom

hi there,

i was wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to what time they were off the ship on the day of disembarkation? i need to know b/c i have to secure a van rental and i need to tell them what time to pick us up. we leave this sunday, so if anyone could let me know asap, i would appreciate it. i know that it varies from cabin to cabin but i figured i could average it out. we live in queens, so obviously no flight to catch. i assume we would get off close to last.

thanks

gina

Was on the Dawn last Sept. also live in NY area, so no planes, trains or buses to catch and I believe we were off by about 10:30 - 11 am

Debbie

thanks Debbie! did u take a car service home? where did u have them pick u up?

thanks Debbie! did u take a car service home? where did u have them pick u up?

Not Debbie but I have used a car service twice for the Dawn. 11 am is a good target time for pick up. Once you are in port (7 am) you can use your cellphone to fine tune the pickup.

I both cases we had the driver pick us up across the street from the pier. He parked on 48th street directly in front of the pier and avoided the mob seen and u turn required to get into the pier.

Not Debbie but I have used a car service twice for the Dawn. 11 am is a good target time for pick up. Once you are in port (7 am) you can use your cellphone to fine tune the pickup.

I both cases we had the driver pick us up across the street from the pier. He parked on 48th street directly in front of the pier and avoided the mob seen and u turn required to get into the pier.

Thanks, Shoreguy...you are always so helpful! i am going to tell them 11am, i would think we would be off by then and i will def tell them to pick us up across the street from the pier.

For kevinsmom...

We found that the DAWN was very close to "being on schedule" all during our cruise. The ship actually arrives in NYC much earlier in the morning so they can get the ship fully secured, passengers cleared with customs, etc. before their scheduled disembarkation at approximately 10:00 am. Of course, much is depended on the passengers abilities to clear customs without hassle, settle any accounting disputes, and pay their ship board accounts on a timely basis (if they are on a cash basis).

If you are "carrying off" all of your luggage or if you are handicapped and/or in need of assistance to disembark...you can get off the ship first.

For passengers that have luggage to collect at the pier terminal, our end of April cruise "Disembarkation" sheet had the following "order"...the passengers that disembark first (according to their color-coded luggage tags which you'll receive the evening before from your cabin steward) are those with NCL air/sea packages, NCL transfers, and post cruise hotel packages or the RED luggage tags. NOTE: Our "Disembarkation" sheet stated that there were transfers to BOTH LaGuardia and JFK airports...NCL DID NOT HAVE A TRANSFER TO JFK and we had to get a taxi ourselves once we exited the passenger pier terminal.

The next passengers to be called to leave the ship were YELLOW...those people booked on buses.

Finally, the color tags that were called were according to Deck Number: Aqua Blue on Deck 11, Purple on Deck 4, Lime Green on Deck 10, White on Deck 9, Brown on Deck 5 & 6, and finally Orange on Deck 8.

HERE IS A HELPFUL TIP: If, for instance you are on Deck 10 and issued the Lime Green luggage tags, you might conclude that you'd be leaving the ship at about 11:00 am. If you have a specific time that you are going to be picked up at the passenger pier terminal and you feel that you need to leave the ship sooner...you can simply go to the RECEPTION DECK in the GRAND ATRIUM on Deck 7 and ask for the color luggage tag that will enable you to leave the ship sooner. The staff at RECEPTION were very happy to accomodate our needs.

One thing that we LOVED about the "freestyle disembarkation" concept was that we were able to fully enjoy a "final" sit-down breakfast in the VENETIAN restaurant and not feel rushed. Once we were done with our meal, we were able to relax in our cabin or other area on the ship without having to lug our carry-on bags around. On other cruises (with other lines), we had to evacuate our cabin early, grab a QUICK bite for breakfast at the buffet dragging our carry-on items around with us and then wait in a designated public area until the color of our luggage tags was called. Believe me, relaxing in our cabin on the DAWN and enjoying the benefits of our balcony to the last possible moment was a far nicer way to end a cruise and leave the ship!

Debjo

debjo,

thanks for all of the info. my experience w/disembarkation in the past, is similar to yours (ie..dragging around the carry ons and waiting around), so this will be different. i will defintiley go to the reception desk like you are saying, just to be sure and tell them that i have a van picking us up at 11:00. i am not sure we could carry off all of our luggage, i think it would be too hard. so i will just go that route. God, i hate to be talking about disembarking when i didn't even "embark" yet!! he he.

thanks,

gina

Archived