Celebrity's soft drink program

NJ Guys

New cruisers here, so this question may have been answered before, and I might have overlooked it.

We drink alot of water and was wondering if the purchasing the soft drink program also included bottled water? If it does, then we feel it is well worth the purchase.

We are booked on the Millie for the Dec 24, 2006 cruise, so responses would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DaisyGirl,

I usually take my insulated mug for sodas and have never had trouble using it with the soda card. The only down side to using the soda card, IMHO, is that the fountain sodas don't taste quite right. The canned drinks, which are not included in the soda card, are much better.

We were on the Millennium a few weeks ago. My mother-in-law bought the soda card for her Diet Coke. Sometimes they would fill her "Coke" mug out of a fountain. At the pool, where they had a mini bar set up near the burgers, they filled it from a plastic Diet Coke bottle. Sometimes the waiters around the pool would bring it in a plastic glass.

Regards

We were on the Millennium a few weeks ago. My mother-in-law bought the soda card for her Diet Coke. Sometimes they would fill her "Coke" mug out of a fountain. At the pool, where they had a mini bar set up near the burgers, they filled it from a plastic Diet Coke bottle. Sometimes the waiters around the pool would bring it in a plastic glass.

Regards

...also last year while on the Galaxy, in the dining room we received our soda in cans.

Question? If you buy a soda card before the ship leaves port, do you have to pay US State Sales tax? If you buy it after the ship passes the three mile limit, do you get it tax free?

It appeared to be tax-free regardless. We bought ours while moored in Ft. Lauderdale at $5/day+15% tip.

I heard some folks on the ship complain that the waiters had a bit of an attitude towards them because they were using a soda card...I think we hit just about every bar regularly and it was always service with a smile. The poolside roaming bar tenders and the bar tenders in the showroom appeared to be equally as happy to bring a free coke as they were to bring a $9.50 boat drink. By the end of the 10-days, most of the bar tenders knew my wife wanted a Diet Coke as soon as we approached the bar. If they were pissed about the card it wasn't evident to us.

Archived