Orlando Pre-cruise hotel review. Homewood Suites

Just had to post about this hotel since I know some of you spend some time in Orlando pre-cruise.

We spent 4 days pre-cruise in Orlando mainly visiting Universal. (If bought online our 2 day passes were good for 7. We used 4 of the days.)

We stayed at the Homewood suites on American Way. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It is rated number one in Orlando on the trip advisor forum and for good reason.

Because I'm writing a review, I'm trying to find faults and I can't. Oh yah, one of the laundry machines ate my quarters and broke...and then they gave me all these little boxes of bounce and tide...to make up for it.

Even though I think it's worth the hotel's direct online rates 129-149....I was able to book through a website called CRS reservations for $84/night. This was honored no problem. A credit card is necessary to stay there. A hold will be put on your card even if you pay cash (something I didn't realize until it was time to go on the cruiseship).

The rooms were extremely spacious. Very bright, homey comfortable clean feeling. There are two separate sleeping areas closeable by a door. One is the typical hotel room...the other is the attached kitchen livingroom. The decor is casual (think a nice Hampton Inn) yet has upscale touches...a little granite here...nice sconces there...The beds were comfortable all over, meaning it didn't sag in the middle nor flop in the sides. They had feather and regular pillows. You can comfortably sleep 5 or 6 in this hotel room.

They had an amazing breakfast each morning. They also had a nice supper with free beer/wine M-T.

We ate breakfast there everyday, hopped on the universal shuttle, came back on the 5pm shuttle, walked in, had supper.

The pool was heated and hottub was clean.

They have 24 hour pop (4/5 varieties in a dispensing machine), juice, water, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate available. We just felt we could walk downstairs in our pyjamas and help ourselves.

Great business center with printer.

The staff was great. We checked in at 10 am and they got a room ready for us while we had breakfast. They even brought the papers to me to sign at my table...so we could be on the universal shuttle by 11am.

There's also a trolley bus that you can catch nearby that brings you up and down the main street with tons of restaurants and stores. $1 for adults...free for kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Would you post a link or an address for the CRS site that you've booked the Homewood suites at? I would appreciate it very much. We're doing the precruise in Orlando for 4 nights and then Miami for the cruise on Feb.3. Thanks so much.

hi there, the website is called http://www.crshotels.com

The hotels direct website is http://www.homewood-suites.com . It's a hilton brand hotel.

There's several homewoods listed there. The one we stayed at is the Homewood Universal. Just for fun I checked your dates and the price is listed as $124 per night.

Hope this helps and let me know if it works out for you.

Archived