A Must Do - St. George's Caye Lodge

Mary Ann 2

We discovered St. George's Caye Lodge on a diving site and are so glad that we did!! We just returned from our Grand Princess cruise and our stay there was one of the highlights of our cruise! I can not say enough about what a great find this place is!

They picked us up outside the cruise terminal and took us to their boat for a short ride over to St. George's Caye. We had a day room in one of their wonderful Cabanas which are over the water and are so relaxing - just sitting on the porch listening to the water or napping on the bed. It was great to have a room to change in and shower after our snorkeling trip. They took just our group (there were 2 grandchildren, two of us, and daughter and husband) out snorkeling at the reef. There was only one small boat with another couple there so it was ideal! No big crowds to deal with and in an area not visited by all the excursions, so the reef was in great shape. After our snorkle, the guide took us to a sandbar so the kids could play in the water for a while.

Then it was back for lunch with the other 4 guests staying there that week; they were all scuba diving and just raved about the places they had been. My oldest granddaughter loved walking down the beach and finding so many seashells and varieties - you never find this in areas where excursions would have picked them all up already. She was in heaven and declared this "the best day of her whole life!!"

I asked if they would be interested in more cruise ship passengers and they said yes. You can find pictures and more information at gooddiving.com

You will need to e-mail them for day prices, but we felt it was pretty reasonable for the 6 of us - a room, lunch, pickup and delivery, snorkeling trip - was $527 which is less than $90 a person and most of the ship's excursions were in the $79 range and were not even a whole day.

I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something away from all the crowded excursions. It was just a wonderful day!! :D

We are traveling to Belize City on the NCL Pearl with our 20 & 21 year old sons. If you don't mind a couple ??'s . How long were you snorkeling for?

Was there food & Drink at the lodge? Any specific names to contact?

Thanks in advance, Eliza

I was also wondering some of things............

How long did you spend at St. Georges Lodge?

What did they serve for lunch?? Were any drinks included?

It sounds very nice. I did e-mail them, but it was a form to fill out on-line. Hopefully I will hear back from them. The price doesn't sound bad at all considering we are going on the ships snorkeling tour to Goff's Caye at $59 per person and we are only there for 2.5 hours.

We met about 9 outside the cruise terminal and left the island about 2:45pm.

Luz is the lady that sent the e-mails and met us at the boat over. I think there is a US phone number isn't there?

My granddaughter got water in her mask and freaked out, so our snorkeling trip was cut short. I think they would be willing to stay out as long as you want. We went out shortly after arriving on the island and got back in time for lunch at noon.

Yes, they serve lunch at the Lodge. It was a little pricey, but I included that in the price I quoted and it was a nice lobster salad, homemaid chips, and tea. There is a bar there with alcoholic drinks about $5. We got bottled water for $1.50 in the room refridg.

It was indeed a much better choice than joining the throngs at Goff's Cay.

Archived