12/17/06 - Explorer Itinerary Change

BPWJR

Not in Belize; but in Cozumel today watching Freedom dock at the pier as we tender into port. We get to dock once Freedom leaves at 4PM and be here overnight. Explorer out of Miami late as it was due to other traffic leaving dock and then about 11pm had to turn back towards Miami for a medical emergency.... And that is about all we have officially heard here (do NOT know any details).

Anyway, instead of keeping the one 'unusual' stop, due to being late and then an 8 hour turn-around, we lose Belize to get a day and a half in Cozumel. Other stops will be Grand Cayman and Costa Maya as advertised, but days are being switched.

OK - I know what the brochure says about changes occur, and I hope the medical emergency turns out OK, but why drop the unique stop and keep three regular RCCL stops? I mean how many RCCL ships do these three stops compared to Belize?

OK - vent done and no spell checker here on board. Anybody out there hear any about why we had to get back to Miami?

Archived