Caribbean Princess - AFT Balcony B757

racepoint

I've heard conflicting stories about this cabin that's next to the "blank" area. I've heard it's a storage area, and more recently, an air conditioning-sort-of unit that is very noisy and blows cold air onto the deck. I have booked this cabin. What can I expect?

Just got back from the CB a cpl of wks ago and we had B755 which is right next to you. I think it depends on how much noise bothers you and how much time you plan on spending on your balcony. The pros are it is a nice size balcony with 2 nice loungers, chairs & small table. It is completely covered. The view is spectacular!

It is noisy!!!!! Some people say it is just "white noise" but I found it a bit too noisy for me. I still used my balcony (maybe not quite as much as I usually do). If you want to have a conversation on your balcony you really have to talk loud. I should also mention that it did not bother my DH as much as it did me.

When I went looking for information for an aft cabin on the Caribbean Princess - We picked C753 /C752

Reason being.. there are way too many cabins on the aft on the Baja deck. on the Caribe deck there are only a few so less foot traffic back there.

C752/C753 are the same cat as that on the baja-- can you see if one is available?

Serene.. Being an aft cabin 'Junkie', I was wondering about the inward sloping angle of that type ship in the stern..?? Was considering the Crown Princess, but wondered if there is actually any sun that reaches those cabins..?? Love the aft.. Just had JS1100 on the Jewel of the Seas, and had an aft on the Miracle (similar to the one you had, if not the same one - 6264 I think it was). Have a 9A corner/aft on our upcoming trip on the Liberty..:p

Any info is appreciated.. Thanx :D

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid this cabin.

We had B757 on the Caribbean Princess.

It is a noisy cabin because it is next to a large air conditioning unit.

The balcony is very noisy because of the constant noise from the air conditioner.

The air conditioning exhaust blasts dirty air across the balcony.

How do we know it was dirty air? - The partition was filthy with debris/dirt.

We complained about it - "We have never had anyone else complain about it" was the response!

Interested to hear from others who complained to Princess to reinforce my complaint to Princess. This should not be a BB cat cabin.

Serene.. Being an aft cabin 'Junkie', I was wondering about the inward sloping angle of that type ship in the stern..?? Was considering the Crown Princess, but wondered if there is actually any sun that reaches those cabins..?? Love the aft.. Just had JS1100 on the Jewel of the Seas, and had an aft on the Miracle (similar to the one you had, if not the same one - 6264 I think it was). Have a 9A corner/aft on our upcoming trip on the Liberty..:p

I never sailed princess before so cant tell you now. But when looking at photos there seems to be sun. I will take lots of photos of course but you will have to wait 7 weeks before I get back

• 1 month later...

Hopefully I have attached a picture of the aft end of Caribbean Princess.

You can see down the middle of the top 3 decks, 3 large air conditioning exhaust ducts. Avoid cabins either side of these ducts not only because of the noise but because of the blast of exhausting air from the ducts.

I should think you would be OK if you booked the next cabin on.

Just be aware that the ships wake can be quite noisy - My wife and I don't mind it - it's like a waterfall however some people who are more used to midship cabins are shocked by it!

I would also steer clear of Aloha deck because of the rubbish that falls from the deck above - admittedly not a lot, but I did see ping pong balls etc on their verandahs.

Enjoy your verandah - however be aware that once you've done it, you'll never book an inside cabin again!

Mr M

CPstern.jpg.2994d5baf707d8f1a2fe285810b6d2ed.jpg

We sailed on the Grand in the Med last May and had the corner port side aft BB. Fully covered balconies, so we got morning or evening sun (i think it depended on which way we were berthed), but no strong noontime rays. Very pleasant. We're doing the same cabin in November in the Caribbean.

Archived