Answers from TA & Princess Rep

cruisin 07

We are a group of 8 doing a land tour first followed by the cruise on the Diamond.

1. Princess Rep will meet us at the airport. Allowed to take 1 piece of luggage (like an overnight bag) and 1 carry on (size of backback). The rest of the luggage will be waiting in your stateroom on the ship.

2. 1st night hotel won't be deceided until 45 days prior to cruising.

3. No more staging your luggage outside your hotel room for pickup. You are responsible for getting it to the lobby.

4. Denali Natural History Tour. Can cancel before final payment and receive a refund.

5. The Preferred check in line is only for the Platinum Captain Circle members and those that are in their cabin.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the info.

Definitely try at all costs to get out of the Natural History Tour. At least take the Tundra Wilderness Tour or, better, yet a shuttle bus even further into the park. It would be a shame to go all the way to Denali NP and only have a Natural History Tour. Hopefully you are spending two nights at Denali Princess Lodge.

Most posters will agree with fti-we went to Wonder Lake and would not consider going back without going all the way into the park. It may be your only time there and you want to take full advantage of the experience.

The only "disadvantage" of going to Wonder Lake before early August is that there are lots of mosquitos. Personally, I would not let mosquitos jeopardize my time in the park. I brought 100% DEET, a mosquito net and (because I was camping at Wonder Lake) an OFF mosquito lamp that worked wonders. Once that was lit, we could take off our mosquito nets and feel comfortable. I am going again in early July and not worried about the mosquitos.

John

Archived