In Room TVs on Galaxy

TomMMD

I don't know how much help this is, but we were just off the Summit (a newer ship than Galaxy) this past May (2006) and we assumed the TV in our stateroom would have the jacks, which it did not. We asked our cabin stewart if they could get us a VCR to hook up to the television(which would have the jacks). After a few days into the cruise, we had a VCR delivered to our stateroom that had the jacks on it that we could plug our camera and camcorder into. I wouldn't count on the VCR thing, as I think it was likely from the looks of it one of the crew members that voluntarily loaned it out. The only advice I can give to you is to purchase the adapter (I will have to check with my husband to see what it is called) that plugs into the TV so you can hook up your camcorder/camera prior to your trip, and then if you don't end up needing it you can always return it! :p

I would love to find out if the TV's DO have the jacks because we will be sailing on the Galaxy in March 2007!

:confused: :confused: Can anyone tell me whether the cabin tvs on the Galaxy have vidio input jacks so I could plug in my camera or storage device and do a slide show?

Yes, they have! :) You don't need a VCR at the Galaxy. The input jacks are at the front.

I've just made a crop of a picture of mine.

galaxytvcrop.jpg

The only advice I can give to you is to purchase the adapter (I will have to check with my husband to see what it is called) that plugs into the TV so you can hook up your camcorder/camera prior to your trip, and then if you don't end up needing it you can always return it! :p

The adapter is a Video RF Modulator and you must be able to remove the input cable to use it. It is readily available at electronic stores like Radio Shack and Circuit City. Many of the ship TV cables have the connectors that requires a special tool to remove so this may not work. Also look at the back of the TV for AV jacks if you can't see them at the front and at the remote to see if there is an input button which is how you change from one feed to another. Occasionally this button is on the TV set.

Archived