Travel Insurance Question

ktpc2005

Hi everyone,

I booked a cruise about a week ago for next October for my honeymoon. I am waiting a little to book airfare because I am still researching it. I want to get the travel insurance purchased because most have a clause on certain benefits that they have to be purchased within 14 days of the first deposit paid. Does anyone know if you can add onto the policies at a later date and not have that addition effect the policy (outside of increase in premium)?

I am pretty sure you can add to the policy at a later date. I know that we had to adjust our return dates one time and for that there was no impact on that clause. Just ask the insurance company. You might also want to think through if you want to insure the airfare. Most times you can get a credit should you need to cancel your airfare other than a penalty. Now the credit isn't money back as it's usually a credit that you have to use within a set time fame (eg., one year) but it's something to think about. Anyway, your best bet is to call the insurance company.

Keith

Hi everyone,

I booked a cruise about a week ago for next October for my honeymoon. I am waiting a little to book airfare because I am still researching it. I want to get the travel insurance purchased because most have a clause on certain benefits that they have to be purchased within 14 days of the first deposit paid. Does anyone know if you can add onto the policies at a later date and not have that addition effect the policy (outside of increase in premium)?

ktpc-------------------------->

Here is a great site for comparison shopping for travel insurance------------------->

http://www.insuremytrip.com/

Punch in your cruise info & they will give you a checklist of companies from which you can choose to create an infomative comparitive chart.

Don

Archived