CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

I have been keeping my out for an Alaskan cruise. Found one that does not have any break on the single supplement, but the prices are so good that I might do it anyway. 6 days on NCL Star - inside $1,158, OV $1,198-$1,298, balconies $1,398-$1,498, suites starting at $1,798. The catch? It's early in the year...leaves on 4/27/08. It will likely be very cold, and I understand that some excursions may not be available.

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow with our free membership to Cruise Critic:

Cruise Critic has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising' date=' commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards. [/color']........Basically, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the deleted posts. The same applies to posts promoting non-Cruise Critic group cruise sites.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

:o ok

I have been keeping my out for an Alaskan cruise. Found one that does not have any break on the single supplement, but the prices are so good that I might do it anyway. 6 days on NCL Star - inside $1,158, OV $1,198-$1,298, balconies $1,398-$1,498, suites starting at $1,798. The catch? It's early in the year...leaves on 4/27/08. It will likely be very cold, and I understand that some excursions may not be available.

That is a good deal! Did you book it? I had so much fun on our TA I'd love to do another one! How 'bout you?

Nancy

To answer your question. I booked a D4 to keep the costs down. I was then upgraded to a D1 Atrium room and last Friday I received yet another invoice and letter to say I am now in a C2 room. This is an upgrade of 6 grades. This C2 is a bigger room with a sofa etc. ON a lower deck and nearer the Stern but I am happy with this.

I have had a few emails in the UK regarding prices for single supplement but this is not available on the X web site. I think this is where TA have taken a block of rooms paid a certain price to X and then they are selling them at a reduced price.

Also some offers on Princess

Sue

Princess Cruise Line..April 6th from San Diego..3% supplement.

Me..single

Airline from Seatac to San Diego

Transfers from Airport and back

Cruise ticket for 7 days

Taxes & fees

Inside JJ cabin on Deck 6.

Total ......$968.00

I can't pass this up! No.. it isn't on their web site.. you will have to look around on sites that advertize regularly on CC. Enjoy!

Winnie

:o sorry Kat... can i say

Solos should check the Princess site for a great deal on the April 6, 2008 Princess Dawn 7-day Mexican Riviera for inside cabin. (less than $75/day) :confused: :)

I booked it - great deal!

Nancy

I found the 3% single supplement for this cruise but it wasn't on Princess web site it was on a TA site that advertizes on CC.

I too booked.:D

Winnie

I found the 3% single supplement for this cruise but it wasn't on Princess web site it was on a TA site that advertizes on CC.

I too booked.:D

Winnie

HI WINNIE! Glad another solo found this great deal! Did you check in on the 4/6 sailing thread? so far you and i are the only solos. Mostly families; they seem nice.

I booked an inside I GTY. I keep checking on the Princess site to see if they've assigned me a cabin yet. Do you know how that works? Like when I might know my assignment? Hey! As long as I don't know I can dream I've been upgraded to the penthouse :p . I'm just hoping for something midship inside or out. I've never had an inside cabin, but for the price I just had to GET OUTTA CHICAGO! tomorrow couldn;t be too soon.

Look forward to meeting you. Come join our board, we're planning a sailaway meet :D

Nancy

Haven't made up my mind yet, but am seriously considering it. I would love to do another TA...that was such a great trip!

You're always welcome to join the 4/6 7-day sailing Mex Riv cruise on Dawn Princess. 3% solo supplement........... I paid $500 for inside cabin. Would be fun to cruise with you again.

Nancy

HI WINNIE! Glad another solo found this great deal! Did you check in on the 4/6 sailing thread? so far you and i are the only solos. Mostly families; they seem nice.

I booked an inside I GTY. I keep checking on the Princess site to see if they've assigned me a cabin yet. Do you know how that works? Like when I might know my assignment? Hey! As long as I don't know I can dream I've been upgraded to the penthouse :p . I'm just hoping for something midship inside or out. I've never had an inside cabin, but for the price I just had to GET OUTTA CHICAGO! tomorrow couldn;t be too soon.

Look forward to meeting you. Come join our board, we're planning a sailaway meet :D

Nancy

Hi Nancy..... yes, I did sign into the Roll Call. I got a JJ inside cabin. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 3% single supplement. I called immediately and got the entire cruise inclucing air, tips, transfers and CRUISE for just under a grand. I'm still doing the happy dance!!!:D

I'm a widow.. way too young.... and am now finally able to travel and I love cruising. I've only been on 2 so far but have 3 more lined up this year!

No..I don't know how the guarantee works but I'm hoping you get a Penthouse suite too!

Like you....I just need some SUN! I'm growing moss on my webbed feet in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

The Roll Call seems very slow but with wonderful people chiming in.

I prefer a balcony also but inside works for me since I'm traveling alone plus the price was incredible.

I look forward to meeting you!

Winnie

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

Yes, I've signed into the Roll Call. They all sound great but I'm wondering if this is a Spring Break cruise? Doesn't matter to me but was curious.

Like you I need some sun!

No, I do not know how the gurantee works. I have an inside JJ cabin. I prefer a balcony but for the 3% single supplement I'll live with an inside as I'm cruising alone it will be fine. I don't spend too much time in the cabin anyway.

Looking forward to meeting you! This will be my second solo. My first is in 10 days...yikes! I'm sort of nervous but I cruise for the ship and the relaxation and not so much for the ports.

I look forward to meeting you and I will be at the Roll Call Gathering!

Winnie

any out there???

Have been trying to find a deal for mom, she wants to go(May) but we will need her to get the solo rate....

Thanks

One thing that everyone mention is scanning the web and sign up for weekly e-mails. I know that in Dec and early Jan I was getting great rates for Alaskan cruises. It's possible to find some for May.

If she's can, try for late Aug or Sept.

Hi Nancy!

Yes, I've signed into the Roll Call. They all sound great but I'm wondering if this is a Spring Break cruise? Doesn't matter to me but was curious.

Looking forward to meeting you! This will be my second solo. My first is in 10 days...yikes! I'm sort of nervous but I cruise for the ship and the relaxation and not so much for the ports.

I look forward to meeting you and I will be at the Roll Call Gathering!

Winnie

re: Spring break :confused: I was wondering the same thing and thinking :( . Looks like some areas (maybe CA) have break at that time.

I responded to some of your questions on our roll call board, but didn't mention that there don't seem to be that many people and they all seem to be families. I'm sure that's not really a problem for us, but it's good to know in advance.

No reason at all to be nervous; as long as you're there for the relaxation, there's no better way than going solo! Do what you want (or not) when you want :D . It's great! I love trivia games (not good, just like them); margarita tastings are fun and things like that. Also if there's an interesting lecture, or a good movie, I'm up for those too. So let's be sure to be in touch! I heard one of the shows on this trip is really good too.

Nancy

:o sorry Kat... can i say

Solos should check the Princess site for a great deal on the April 6, 2008 Princess Dawn 7-day Mexican Riviera for inside cabin. (less than $75/day) :confused: :)

I booked it - great deal!

Nancy

Oh I wish I would have seen that before I booked and paid for my cruise on Visions of the Seas in May. I would have gone with you guys. I hope you have fun.

Although this deal is not specifically for singles, the rate is so low that the single supplement doesn't hurt as much:

14 Night European Transatlantic Cruise starting from* $449.00 USD Ship Name: Jewel Of The Seas

Departure Port: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ports of Call: Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Ponta Delgada, Azores; Le Havre (Paris), France; Dover, England; Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium; Amsterdam, Holland

2008 Date(s): Mar 30

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite $449.00 $1,249.00 $1,299.00 $3,699.00

13 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise starting from* $449.00 USD Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas

Departure Port: Galveston, Texas

Ports of Call: Galveston, Texas; Miami, Florida; Ponta Delgada, Azores; Cartagena, Spain; Barcelona, Spain

2008 Date(s): Apr 27

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite $449.00 $649.00 $749.00 $2,499.00

Although this deal is not specifically for singles, the rate is so low that the single supplement doesn't hurt as much:

14 Night European Transatlantic Cruise starting from* $449.00 USD Ship Name: Jewel Of The Seas

Ports of Call: Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Ponta Delgada, Azores; Le Havre (Paris), France; Dover, England; Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium; Amsterdam, Holland

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite $449.00 $1,249.00 $1,299.00 $3,699.00

13 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise starting from* $449.00 USD Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas

Ports of Call: Galveston, Texas; Miami, Florida; Ponta Delgada, Azores; Cartagena, Spain; Barcelona, Spain

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite $449.00 $649.00 $749.00 $2,499.00

That seems sweet as I'm reading it! Thanks so much for posting it!

Winnier

That's a great deal! The 14 day cruise,even at 200% is less than $100 a day.

It's a great deal for solos. The REALLY great deal is that a couple can get the cabin for the same price!

I went to the RCCL website to get the final total for this sailing. I guess that they only had a limited number of cabins at the pricing mentioned. The cheapest inside cabin rate was $1,600. That's not bad, but if the rate quoted was closer to the $449 aat 200%, I would went on this one.

I researched this cruise before. I noticed (I just checked and it's still true) that if you put in 2 cruisers you get a cheaper rate. i.e. Q Interior is $449pp = $898 for double occupancy. Q isn't available for a solo, and an N Interior for a solo is $1399. :confused:

hmmm, one time I was booked for a double and the other person had to cancel at the last minute............ ??

It's a terrific deal and I loved my TA in Dec!

Nancy

Archived