Bequis: Taxi ??

beachpeach1

Thank you for all of your expertise on these threads! We will be staying at Amerisuites on 17th St. the day before the cruise. We arrive early and would like to spend the day at the beach. How far is the hotel from the beach? How much do you think taxi would cost to get to beach from hotel? After cruise, our flight doesn't leave until 7:00 pm. Any suggestions on hotel that may have day rate that we could spend a final day at the beach, store luggage and shower before heading to airport? Appreciate all of your help!!

A cab to Ft Lauderdale beach from the Amerisuites shouldn't exceed $10 for the 5 minute ride. A better alternative would be the Sun Trolley for 50 cents. It stops next door to the Amerisuites in the Harbor Shops plaza and runs every 15 minutes. http://www.suntrolley.com/bus_route-maps/convention.html

At one time the Harbor Beach Marriott offered a day rate. Call the hotel directly to see if they still offer it. http://www.marriottharborbeach.com/

Otherwise renting a car will solve the luggage storage issue and you can drive around the area on a self guided tour. ;)

Have a great vacation.

Bequia: I called the Harbor Beach Marriott as you suggested, but they do not offer a day rate. I'm thinking that maybe the hotels don't offer that info over the phone, but if you inquire in person, maybe........? Also, we are staying at Amerisuites before the cruise. I guess I'll check with them when we are there to see if they can help us out. Even if we are not on the beach, it would be a place to hang out, use the pool, and shower before leaving. Thanks again for your help. Hope that you have a safe and Happy New Year!

Archived