Is the FOS wireless???

skyboy

i think there is a REALLY long extension cord to power the ship!

sorry......i have been up since 3:30 AM, to work by 5 AM and my brain is a little messed up!

yup there are wireless hotspots on da ship. not sure where, but you CAN buy packages upfront that save you some money on the minutes....and you can rent a card thing if you dont have a wireless ready laptop (but is there such a thing anymore??? yup....my OLD laptop!)

i think a hint though, since the connection is SLOW (because of the LONG phone line from the ship to MIAMI!! LOL).....is to pre type all your stuff first, then throw it all online at once.

HTH

perhaps others can provide more detailed info...i have the brochure with prices at home, but it may not be current charges.

19 of the 20 RCL ships have wireless hot spots, Freedom is supposed to be wireless throughout, and no one has ever complained that they couldn't get a connection that I've read. The cost is 50 cents/min, or package prices of $25 for 60 minutes, $35 for 90 minutes, or $50 for 150 minutes if I remember correctly, if you do a search there are hundreds of internet threads where this info has been rehashed many, many times.

Archived