Guarantee mini suite

love2vacation

I would advise that you check the deck plans and be sure that what could be offered is where you would be happy. We did not choose a gty on our upcoming Mex. Riviera on the Star because most of the minis were under noisey areas and I don't choose to wear earplugs as has been suggested.

In other words be sure you will be happy no matter where you are put.

I have found that the minis and higher category balconies are often under the buffet and/or pool area. This is true on many ships and I really can't understand why the higher priced categories would be in these locations other than being on higher decks. From experience I have become wary of upgrades and usually specify that I don't want to be moved.

Whatever you do you'll have a good time. You didn't say which ship. that would help with an opinion.

Just got off the Jewel yesterday. Had 11076 (mini suite) mid ship. Right by the elevator. NO NOISE TO SPEAK OF! Of course, I brought a sleep machine and listened to the beautiful sounds of waves crashing on the shore every night! My daughters had the inside cabin accross the hall and complained about the elevator noise late at night. But not enough to keep them up.

Steve

We booked a gty mini suite on the Star in Feb(we booked last minute) and were offered an upsell to the AC penthouse suite(9002). Took it and had a ball. Loved the balcony(specially in port, as we stayed onboard) and had wonderful service from the butler and concierge. Book a gty only if you will be happy without an upsell or upgrade.

Archived