1st Princess Cruise

swimsimcoe

Just off 1st Princess cruise-Star Princess-and had a great time.I was surprised and somewhat disappointed by a few things-I know each line has it's strengths and weak spots.

No help at very warm gym for elder(not me)guests who could use some help on machines-2 guys sat in arobic room and chatted.

No help at Terrace pool in placing lounges and pads.

No enforcement of hand sanitizers by food stations-did not even see one at main dining room-this after an RCI ship was docked and a Princess one was almost docked due to Norvirus.

Not the same attention to detail as I have found on Holland America.i.e-you would never have to balance food and drinks at buffet-someone immediately would help.

Desserts at buffet really blah.

BUT everything else was great and had a ball.Outstanding entertainment hosts.

Actually, I would agree with your less than positive observations. I have never found a dessert I would eat at the horizon court. Good luck getting help by the pool.

And I agree that the help in the gym is more interested in selling than in helping rather than in providing assistance, I will say that the gyms here tend to be warm for a reason. Its a bit tricky having cardio in with weights in term of climate control.

There are a lot of great unique features to Princess which is why we sail them again and again. I would do HAL in a heartbeat as well.

I do agree that each line has its own strengths and weaknesses. But one persons negative can be another person's positive as well.

Actually, I would agree with your less than positive observations. I have never found a dessert I would eat at the horizon court. Good luck getting help by the pool.

And I agree that the help in the gym is more interested in selling than in helping rather than in providing assistance, I will say that the gyms here tend to be warm for a reason. Its a bit tricky having cardio in with weights in term of climate control.

There are a lot of great unique features to Princess which is why we sail them again and again. I would do HAL in a heartbeat as well.

I do agree that each line has its own strengths and weaknesses. But one persons negative can be another person's positive as well.

A fan in the gym would be very helpful to circulate the air.

Will still sail with them again but enjoy trying the others.Never could figure out why anyone would just sail over and over again with one company.It's like only eating vanilla ice cream when there are so many good flavours.You can always have the vanilla again.

All my metaphors are about food.

do I

Hi Swimsimcoe,

Why not drop Princess a note and tell them about your first cruise with them, I have conacted Princess a few times and have always had a very nice reply, I have even seen things change for the better, now it would wrong to say it was my letter that did it but mine might have been one of a hundred all saying the same things so go for it.

yours Shogun

Archived