Confused

dfishner

I have a question that is confusing me so maybe somewhere here can assist me.

Next Decemeber I will have 4 cruises on RCL and one on Celebrity. I know the plans are different but aren't they combined somehow and if so how ?if not then I will just look at them as entirely different. I believe I saw some postings that stated that can be combined. I guess what I am asking does it make me platium with the 5 cruises put together and how does my past cruises on RCL effect my standing with Celebrity.

Thanks

But still does not mean that it is a bit confusing. We are Platinum with RCI but not at the level with Celebrity. BUT..if the enxt time we travel with Celebrity, we will be afforded the same courtesies as if we were. The two are seperate and you cannot combine for achieving various levels.

Now, does that mean we will be the same amenities as if we were at a specific level on Celebrity? THAT is the question I do not know the answer to!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cruise lines do not combine the number of cruises but each one is counted separatly. If you achieve Diamond status on RCL Celebrity will give you Elite status on their line. Celebrity does not really give any perks to it's members, we got a one catogory upgrade when we booked as diamond members. RCL is far more generous to it's loyal cruisers.

Thanks, I spoke with Crown and Anchor and was even more confused after getting off the phone with them. If I am understanding this I will not be platium after the 4 cruises with RCL and the one with Celebrity since they cannot be combined. But for some reason I believe from what I read that something does happen between the two maybe I am mistaken if so as I stated before I will just handle this as two different plans. Maybe the question should be at what level are you reconized on both ships.

Jim is right about the levels and how they are acheived.

Jim, I can tell you after just having cruise the Celebrity Mercury and being Diamond level on Royal Caribbean, making us Elite on Celebrity, that the perks received are very different and on Celebrity, in my opinion worthless. For example on Royal Caribbean, we got a "free" photo from the gallery. On the Mercury we got what is called a "stock" photo when you purchased. That being a photo that their photogrophers had taken of the ports we had been to. On Royal Caribbean you get a "free" souvenier glass with drink included. On Celebrity no such thing. There was 10 minutes of online time, which we didn't even use, as Royal Caribbean, if I'm not mistaken gives you 20 minutes at the Diamond level.

Now, having said that, the difference will not make me stop cruising on Celebrity if I find an itinerary and ship I like. And this did not ruin my cruise. It was just a little disappointing after having had the Royal Carribean treatment.

The cruise lines do not combine the number of cruises but each one is counted separatly. If you achieve Diamond status on RCL Celebrity will give you Elite status on their line. Celebrity does not really give any perks to it's members, we got a one catogory upgrade when we booked as diamond members. RCL is far more generous to it's loyal cruisers.
Thanks this clears it up will handle both plans seperately

Archived