Suite & Dinner Assignments....???

I don´t think it depends what cabin you have and where you sit. I have had low category cabins nad have been sitting in the center and have had suites sitting in the back of Dining Room. (No complaints always great tables)

Also I have always had large tables (as I requested). There have always been people at the table with completely different cabin categories, from low inside to suites.

I don´t think it has any influence on your dining assignment which cabin you are in.

Well, we really don't have that much experience but I will say that the people at our tables on those two cruises (we always ask for large table) were all in suites (both times) so that's why I just assumed that it worked that way....have had other types of rooms and never been near the center of the dining room. If the truth be known, its kind of noisy there so I actually prefer the tables a little more tucked to the sides. Sometimes, its fun to watch the Captains table though and try to figure out who all the guests are. All in all, it really doesn't matter, does it?, as everyone gets the same food and the same (usually) wonderful service!

I agree!! I was just curious since I had read it somewhere else, and to tell you the truth, I didn't like how it sounded :( . I would like to peek at the Captains table though :D I just hope we end up with a great table :) Thanks for all the replies!!

If you have a suite, you might be partnered with other suite members, but I don't think having a suite guarantees you a good table location (close to the Captain). We were in an E2 balcony and were partnered with 2 other couples in this same category on the same deck. However, our table was right next to the Captain's table AND we were invited to dine at the Captain's table one night.

I can honestly say that in the 4 cruises I've been on - we've been sat all over the place - on our last cruise we were in a suite and were up on the second level of the dining room - nowhere near where the captains table was. On our first cruise, we were in an inside cabin - probably the cheapest on the ship - and we were right NEXT to the captain's table.

Never once have I ever cared where we were sat - I was more interested in who our tablemates were to be - and what we were going to eat! :D

Just booked a suite on the Grandeur for 11/05. Requested a table for 2 at the late seating. From the pics and virtual tours I've seen, it looks like the 2-tops are on the 2nd floor against the railing, overlooking the 1st floor. That's just perfect. We can watch everything that's happening below and have a more intimate table. We'd rather dine in a serene atmosphere than in the middle of the room with all the hustle and bustle around the table.

We'll visit the maitre d' when we board to check on the location of our table. If it's not satisfactory, we'll ask to have it changed.

If anyone would like to elaborate on the 2-tops or the 2nd flr of the dining room, please reply. After all, we haven't been on our FIRST cruise yet!

Thanks a million!

Really! We had a Cat B suite and when we arrived for our first evening's supper, we found all the seats at our assigned table to be full. The maitre d' told us to wait while he straigntened things out. So, (picture this) he left us standing in a very crowded walkway. People were trying to get by us. While my DH and I were just standing there, he proceeded to seat at least 4 more tables. Waiters approached us and asked if they could help. I still had the froo froo drink I wanted to finish at the table - and it was melting fast. My hand was freezing from holding it. We had requested a large table. He finally seated us at a 4top with one other couple. Fortunately they were really nice. After talking with them for a few minutes, we learned that they were also supposed to be at that same large table, and they too arrived to find their seats taken. They were seated a little more quickly than we were. . .

I am constantly amazed by folks who post that RCI and Celebrity have Carnival and their associated brands beat when it comes to entertainment and service. NOTHING like this ever happened to us on any of our 6 Carnival cruises or on any of our 4 Holland America Cruises. (I am even going back to the old days when Carnival deserved a reputation for poor service.)

Archived