Where to shop?

ldm2004

Von Maur is a wonderful small department store w/ a wonderful variety of formalwear, and FREE alterations. They are based in IA & we have them in NE, but I don't know where else they are.

Dillards always has great selection of formalwear...you may catch them on sale before you go.

Talbots has resortwear out right now...use the catalog or online...they have petites.

I second the igigi recommendation. Had never heard of it until reading this board last month. BTW, I am also 5'2" and about your size. And dresses are always too LONG for me!

Before Christmas, igigi had a "Santa's Bag" sale with lots of items 50% off. Found a long dress that I really like and ordered it. I was SO excited when it arrived and I tried it on. The length just touches the floor in bare feet - so with some small heels, it will be the perfect length.

BTW, the dress is extremely COMFORTABLE and I really like the way it looks on me. And, my 14 yo daughter agrees. :)

I also bought a red lacy top from the same site and wear it Christmas Day. I've been really happy with the things so far. Don't let the prices scare you - they do have markdowns (i.e. the Santa's Bag 50% off). Also, once you order they will send you coupons and offers to %-off for completing surveys/questionnaires about your purchase.

On the news this morning, they did a segment on New Year's Eve dresses for sizes 14 and up. They had some really pretty dresses from Avenue.

My SIL just recommended Avenue to me. I had never heard of them - but looked up locations on the internet and see that one just opened about 3 miles from my house. LOL So, I will be checking them out.

Archived