Skagway Whitepass Railroad / Motorcoach?

Embracedbylife

Trying to decide on which Princess railway tour in Skaway. Is it better to chose the whitepass railroad tour to/from the summit (3.5hrs) or the motorcoach/train combo (8 hrs)? Do you get to really see more on the motorcoach/train combo tour??

We took the bus/train combo last year. We loved it. I'm not usually a fan of bus tours, but we had a great tour guide that grew up in the area and had great stories. Caribou Crossing was a little hokey, but that just added to the charm. The museum is not to be missed. We plan on doing it again next summer.

Thanks Upyonder! Also, has anyone taken just the railroad tour to/from the summit? I'm not one for bus tours either, so that's my concern, although it sounds like it's a good one. Is the railroad ride without the bus tour a good time?

The railroad r/t is the same both ways while the combo tours give you a chance to see both the scenery from the train and the road as well as many that visit Emerald Lake(beautiful) and Caribou Crossing with the museum and sled dogs.

Well I think we've found a tour that's called the "best of skagway" that will take us UP on the train and back on the bus. With a stop at a waterfall and at the brothel :) So i'm figuring if we are tired by mid-day the bus ride won't be so bad on the way back. Thank you so much for everyone's comments. These postings are so helpful!

Archived