Waitlist Means?

Shelley G

Hi Everyone!

What does a waitlist mean with regards to my guarantee cabin? I know what a waitlist is, so I'm not asking that question. My husband and I are booked into an AC guarantee mini-suite with balcony on the Feb. 3rd sailing of the Diamond Princess.On the Princess website, all of the mini-suites are shown as being waitlisted. How can this be? Wasn't final payment due a while ago? The cruise is just 37 days away. Shouldn't Princess know by now if the cabins are available or not? Does this mean I may get up-graded to a suite? I would think that this close to the cruise, people would have had to pay or cancel. Don't get me wrong, I will be happy with what I get, I'm just anxious to know where I'll be.

Shelley

No worrys. If you have a confirmed booking for an AC guarntee, you will probably end up in an AB or AA if the AC's aren't available. Upgrades to full suites do happen, just not very often anymore so I sure would not count on that.

Keep checking the personalizer or have your TA call Princess, or if booked direct, call them yourself. You should have a cabin assingment soon. Just keep in mind, when booking a guarantee, some don't actually find out their cabin location until arriving at the ship, so hang in there and hopefully your assignment will show up very soon.

Hi Everyone!

What does a waitlist mean with regards to my guarantee cabin? I know what a waitlist is, so I'm not asking that question. My husband and I are booked into an AC guarantee mini-suite with balcony on the Feb. 3rd sailing of the Diamond Princess.On the Princess website, all of the mini-suites are shown as being waitlisted. How can this be? Wasn't final payment due a while ago? The cruise is just 37 days away. Shouldn't Princess know by now if the cabins are available or not? Does this mean I may get up-graded to a suite? I would think that this close to the cruise, people would have had to pay or cancel. Don't get me wrong, I will be happy with what I get, I'm just anxious to know where I'll be.

Shelley

You have a guaranteed AC mini-suite or higher but anyone else who wants to book that catagory can only be waitlisted so that they would only get it if there is a cancellation. I suspect Princess has higher cabin categories available that they are trying to sell at that category price. If they accepted the lower category as an guarantee they couldn't sell at the higher price since they would have to upgrade someone if they don't have enough cabin in that category to meet all of the guarantees.

Archived