Mini-Rhino tour with Carnival

cck0000

Pleasant trip. Loved it! You drive on some paved and some dirt roads around the island. They are easy to drive. Like golf carts with big tires. Perfect for me and my family. I dont like the noise and risks with those ATV-things. Anyways, its a relaxing drive (some dust and bumps...but not bad) and 2 stops at a small beach and also a pit stop in Majahaul for shopping and bathroom. Fun! The scenery was nice, but not spectacular. Along the coast is pretty of course.

After the tour we hung out at the main pier shopping/pool area for the rest of the day.

Note-Lots of heavy-drinkers there.

Wow... we are really on the same wavelength! You posted a response to my Nachi Cocom questions and now I was looking for info on the Rhino tour and again thats what your group did! LOL We booked this a few weeks ago... how long was the stop in Majahual? Was is worth the price or should we look for something else?? Hubby (27) wants an adventure.. sounds like it may be too tame... TIA!

Hmm,

Like I said, we all quite enjoyed it. We all found it fun. My husband and 10 year old son included.

Adventure? Not really.

Enough of one for me, though. I dont like the noise or risks of the ATVs for myself and I worry about safety for the kids.

This was more like a relaxing guided tour of the island.

There is a guide-car in the front and one in the rear.

The stop in Majahual was quick. Maybe 20 minutes. There are bathrooms and a guy with a huge iguana and some vendors selling mexican wares.

The longest stop was at a small private beach area where you join the dune buggy tour people. They have hammocks and lounge chairs and beach volley ball.

Also snacks and beverages there. That stop is around one hour.

Any more ??s?

What are you doing in Belize? I didnt post about that day yet.

And you will Love Nachi Cocum I think.

• 2 years later...

I'm looking at planning a cruise with my girlfriend with a stop in Costa Maya (Cozumel, Belize and Nassau) and was looking at that Rhino Mini Jeep excursion. She is a history/nature buff and I like to go along for the ride. It looks REALLY fun but it does not say how much, just "Sold On board only" ... just wondering how much you paid or even a best guess would be nice. I don't want to spend several hundred on one excursion but 1-200 is OK compared to other excursions. Could you help me out?

I'd REALLY appreciate an answer. Thank you so much in advance.

p.s Any advice for things to do in Belize? Or any other stops?

Hmm,

Like I said, we all quite enjoyed it. We all found it fun. My husband and 10 year old son included.

Adventure? Not really.

Enough of one for me, though. I dont like the noise or risks of the ATVs for myself and I worry about safety for the kids.

This was more like a relaxing guided tour of the island.

There is a guide-car in the front and one in the rear.

The stop in Majahual was quick. Maybe 20 minutes. There are bathrooms and a guy with a huge iguana and some vendors selling mexican wares.

The longest stop was at a small private beach area where you join the dune buggy tour people. They have hammocks and lounge chairs and beach volley ball.

Also snacks and beverages there. That stop is around one hour.

Any more ??s?

What are you doing in Belize? I didnt post about that day yet.

And you will Love Nachi Cocum I think.

mj23way

On our Carnival Glory cruise the Rhino tour was $99 per person. We didn't go as it was sold out.

In Belize, check out the thread on Captain your own boat. We did this and it was a blast. 2 person boat on the Wallace river and through Mangroves. It lasted about 5 hours start to finish, no long drive to get there. You meet right next to the tender dock. 15 Min boat ride and the fun starts.

Archived