Do I have enough time to (maybe) save money with a taxi?

Charmgrrl

Our group of 8 reserved the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour through Nativeway. To do the hell, turtle farm add on it would be $30 a person times 8 people. Ouch. We're already paying $60 pp for the RRR tour but from everything I have read it's worth every penny.

I have already been to hell but others in our group who have not would get a (cheesy) kick out of going. Since we'll already be over there, I figure the turtle farm and neighboring Rum Cake Shop is worth a stop as well?

Our RRR tour runs from 10-3:20ish. Our ship leaves at 5:30, I imagine that the last tender is at 5:00 or so? So that leaves us about an hour and a half to see any other sights we want. How close or far is the Hard Rock in Grand Cayman in relation to Hell & the Turtle Farm?

Do we have time to find a taxi driver and do our own tour of the quick sights after our RRR tour, for presumably less than $30 more per person? (which however, did include the turtle farm entrance) Is the turle farm something we should skip, but I KNOW Hell is a tourist trap, I just want to get something good out of the trip.

It would most likely be easier, but about $100 times 8 people seems like a lot to swallow....I thought I remembered somewhere that a taxi could be rented by the hour for $37.50? (don't ask me why but that exact number is what is stuck in my head)...

Give me some input and enlighten me please! We're leaving in a about a week.

Archived