Rolex?

DeBlonde1

I have heard that Grand Cayman has the best prices anywhere on Rolex watches. My hubby really wants to get one. We have looked at local prices, so we know what woule be a good deal, can anyone recommend a place and maybe explain why there are such a better deal? how do we know they are real?:confused:

I have heard that Grand Cayman has the best prices anywhere on Rolex watches. My hubby really wants to get one. We have looked at local prices, so we know what woule be a good deal, can anyone recommend a place and maybe explain why there are such a better deal? how do we know they are real?:confused:

If you know your prices, you are on your way to a good deal....probably. There are several places in Georgetown that will have a large selection....you won't have to seach hard. And I wouldn't worry about knockoffs here.

But you do need to be careful that you match apples to apples - lots of different models kicking about. But we got great prices on 'stuff' a couple of times ... not everyone will give you a great price, but if you have a realistic starting point.....

We have looked at local prices, so we know what woule be a good deal

But you do need to be careful that you match apples to apples - lots of different models kicking about.

Knowing your best total price here in the US is key. And yes you can haggle on a Rolex watch here in the US ,don't be fooled by a store that says Rolex prices can not be haggled. Second, you probably will exceed your duty free limit when you buy a Rolex off-shore so keep that in mind . I have seen US custom agents have people take off their Rolex to see if the hologram(new Rolexs have a hologram on the backplate and they wear off in a few weeks) is still on the back, if it does you may be busted unless you can prove you bought your watch in the states.

When making a purchase the price of a Rolex you may want to consider state sales tax also. Better to order out of state I think. Here is one online Rolex dealer : http://www.swissluxury.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. Do you know what the duty free limit is and how that works?

So like if it were 2500, anything you spend over 2500 you have to claim and pay taxes on or what? And if you "forgot" to claim something, would they just make you pay or would you be in serious trouble?

Archived