Coverlet - Keep it on the bed or directly into Closet?

acquaboi

I often wondered what most people do with the coverlet (bedspread.) I have been told to toss it directly into the closet -- as soon I get into the cabin. So I have been doing that every since. My voyages on a ship have not taken me to cold climates so I do not have that experience of actually needing it.

One of the first things I do in a cabin, or hotel room, is to remove the bedspread. Have you ever seen those Prime Time shows about how filthy they are?

That is exactly why I am asking what other people do. I also wonder what the hospitality industry will do about this issue - aside from spraying down the bedspread with RAID!! LOLOLOL

I worked in the hotel industry two different times in my life. Both times, I can tell you that you should remove the bedspread IMMEDIATELY!

The sheets, pillows and blankets are washed everytime between guests, but the bedspreads are only washed once a year. EWWW! People do things in a hotel room that they'd never do in their own home and there is no way I'd use the bedspread. When I think of some people tucking the bedspread under their chins at night, I get the willies!

Last year we stayed at a hotel in Kentucky in October. The room had no blanket and my husband went down to the front desk to ask for one. They advised they did not furnish them and that we were to use the bedspread. We turned the heat up and slept with just the sheet and wrote management when we got home. This was at a Marriott. The management did give us a discount on another stay.

Archived