Panama pictures without the advertising

Lair Bear

If any of you are interested in seeing pictures and a brief description of the Panama Canal operations (and dislike having several ads on that web), then go to http://www.*****.com/canal.htm

It is our canal crossing on a Windstar ship, but could just as well have been on any ship going west-to-east through the locks and canal.

PS. I don't sell anything; I do this just for fun and like comments good or bad.

Great pictures, I will be doing the canal in March on the Brilliance of the Seas and I can't wait. I loved that you got to go to more unique places than the huge ships get to go. We are thinking of doing a Windstar cruise but the size of the ships always scared me away.

Yes, the Windstar flleet have ships that are much smaller than what you have been on before. However, the three ships are remarkably stable even in rough weather. The Wind Surf can accomodate about 300 passengers and the other two smaller ships about 135. The cost is more, but we much rather take one good cruise than two on ships that hold 1500 or 2000 persons.

We have done both and don't like to be dropped on a small island or small port and be hurded into busses to go see attractions that were usually designed for much smaller groups.

The atmosphere on the smaller ships is more relaxed, you get to meet most of the people who travel with you and you can choose to have dinner when you want and with whom (or by yourselves if you prefer).

If you take a look at the Windstar forum you will note many comments along these lines. The food, service and ambience are fantastic.

If you want to see some pictures of a typical cruise on the Wind Surf go to: http://www.*****.com/wind_surf.htm

Thanks for the info Lair Bear. Right now with 2 kids in college I have to go with the mass market ships or my wallet will scream. I have 3 1/2 more years before the youngest is out (just finished his first semester) and then I can take the more expensive cruises. LOL.

Archived