Gifts.....bar Credit Coupons

mscreneet

On the gifts page of the Carnival Website, they offer a gift of 4 Bar Credits. The total cost is $19.95.

IS THIS REALLY WORTH IT????

I noticed on another thread about drinks, that a good deal of the drinks only cost about $4 on average.

I was considering purchasing the bar credit gift for a friend of mine who will be sailing out this week on the same cruise as me.

Not sure if maybe I should just pay for her drink at the bar.

Has anyone bought these before??

I had a 45 day letter, and Carnival gave us those for the von boyage gift. We used them on the frozen drinks as well, and had no problems. One bartender commented that the drinks are normally $5.25 and asked for my sail and sign card because he had to charge me the difference. Then he said Nah, just forget it. He was the only one who even mentioned doing that. I told dh that next time we cruise I was going to pre-order them to save some money and to keep the bill down. I say go for it!

You proabably would be better to buy "Funship Dollars" and apply them to your room to keep your S&S card down. On average if you order drinks and use the bar brands you loose about fortyfive cents a drink. If you want a premium brand they can and will charge the difference to you S&S card. Like the other poster said the only way to make out on with drink coupons is to by frozen drinks.

You proabably would be better to buy "Funship Dollars" and apply them to your room to keep your S&S card down. On average if you order drinks and use the bar brands you loose about fortyfive cents a drink. If you want a premium brand they can and will charge the difference to you S&S card. Like the other poster said the only way to make out on with drink coupons is to by frozen drinks.

I was going to suggest the same thing... Funship dollars may be a better way to go. The coupons aren't going to save you anything on many drinks... and some bartenders will take them for the higher priced drinks, some won't and will charge the difference.

the coupons dont save you money.. maybe 25 cents at the most.

I get coupons and use them only for frozen drinks. I cant be bothered worrying about getting my moneys worth.

Funship dollars cost 25.00 (5.00 more then the drink coupons) and youdont have to worry about short changing yourself.

Archived