Buying booze for the room

silverod

I am a bit confused, can I buy a bottle on board for use in the room? If so where can I get a price list. In some Hotels I have stayed in the $$ is crazy. I have also read (somewhere) that you can buy a bottle in the duty free and pay a corkage fee, is this true? I was considering packing some but if I can buy it, why bother?? Thanks. 214 days to go, dont know if I'll make it.

You can call the Bon Voyage Department before you leave and order a bottle to be delivered to your stateroom. It is a little pricey (38.00- Seagram's VO), but there is no corkage fee, and you are allowed to consume it on the ship.

I am a bit confused, can I buy a bottle on board for use in the room? If so where can I get a price list. In some Hotels I have stayed in the $$ is crazy. I have also read (somewhere) that you can buy a bottle in the duty free and pay a corkage fee, is this true? I was considering packing some but if I can buy it, why bother?? Thanks. 214 days to go, dont know if I'll make it.

There is no price list... you just call the Carnival bon voyage dept and they will tell you the price of what you want... the selection is limited. It is NOT duty free... it's $55 for a liter of Grey Goose if that gives you an indication... not as bad as the hotels, but it's not a bargain either.

...no, all onboard alcohol purchases are kept until the last night, then delivered to your stateroom. You can purchase wine on board and have it delivered to your room, you are also allowed to carry on wine and champagne.

Yes, you can and the prices are $$$, they will actually have the bottles waitinG in you room when you board. I think I read that Greygoose was $45-50 a bottle.

Anything from the duty free store that you buy cant be consumed until the last evening.

...no, all onboard alcohol purchases are kept until the last night, then delivered to your stateroom. You can purchase wine on board and have it delivered to your room, you are also allowed to carry on wine and champagne.

True... to the OP, if you purchase onboard, you can't take it to the room... if you want to order it FOR your room, you have to order it ahead of your cruise through the BV dept.

Thanks everybody. Grey Goose is my poison. You have to order before the cruise ??? What if I need a refill :)

You have to order it before the cruise if you want to consume it on the cruise... $55 for a Litre. Buy what you think you need... they don't do refills :p

Archived