Update on HAL & CruiseQuick

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=indigo]I emailed Ray at CruiseQuick because of an earlier thread. He informed me that all bookings previously made through their site are AOK, but they have chosen not to continue booking HAL. Even though you can access HAL on their site by clicking on the blank space, clearly that is an error that will be fixed. Because of much discussion about CruiseQuick on previous threads, I thought you all would like this info.[/color][/font]

I can understand any cruise line giving sweeter deals to those agencies that book the most passengers for them. If it's on a strictly numbers basis (and you have to reach a very high number at that,) fine. That's business. But if it's based on anything else, it doesn't seem fair to offer some agencies better deals than others. I would be interested to know how many cruises these folks book with HAL in a given year. But that's probably proprietary information.

Everyone has their favorites. Some people swear by one agent, some by another. When I've compared prices from CruiseQuick, I've found very close prices from SmartCruiser. But others have said they like others better. Check around at a whole bunch and compare. That's your best bet.

I'm crushed CruiseQuick stopped because I've been very happy with them.

I agree with you Heather. I hate to see CQ drop HAL but if the issue is not giving CQ the same rates they give other agencies then I can understand CQ's decision. Glad I booked my Hal cruise with them before this happened. Wonder how this will affect any future price reductions. Will HAL honor them through CQ or not?

[quote name='MISSYLOU']I agree with you Heather. I hate to see CQ drop HAL but if the issue is not giving CQ the same rates they give other agencies then I can understand CQ's decision. Glad I booked my Hal cruise with them before this happened. Wonder how this will affect any future price reductions. Will HAL honor them through CQ or not?[/QUOTE][font=Comic Sans MS]I'm guessing that might be a problem, but wouldn't want to say for sure. I have already received 2 price reductions on my HAL booking for November (thru CQ), one of them while CQ wasn't taking bookings.[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]It was over one of my requests for a reduction (because I'd seen a lower price on another internet site) that CQ decided it was the "last straw". They'd been trying to work with HAL for some time, but Ray told me HAL treats the "Big Guys" (his description) differently. I guess it's about volume, but on the other hand there's a lot of folks on these Boards who are very loyal to CQ. But it's just not as big as many others, I guess. What I'm impressed with is that CQ doesn't want to quote HAL when they can't offer their customers the lowest prices. Speaks well for them in my eyes.[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]It's too bad.[/font]

[quote name='sammiedawg']So who else has good HAL prices? We were very pleased with the price from CQ on a trip last year. Anyone booked any other line with CQ for a good price? Thanks for checking.[/QUOTE]
sammiedawg-

You may want to check out the other thread - "HAL Book Direct or TA", or another "Our TA beat Cruisequick by"... both these threads have recommendations for different TA's - online & conventional.

We have recently run into an example of what Ray is talking about and i can't blame him.
We booked Oosterdam through one agency that we thought had a decent price.
Two weeks ago two other online TA's posted prices for Cat S on our sailing that are $1000 dollars less per cabin.
I've only found two that offer those fares. The others are left trying to sellthe same sailing with much higher prices.

[font=Comic Sans MS]I'm making myself nuts here! I just got another email from Ray at CQ saying they hope to resolve the problem with HAL within a couple of days. Last night he said they weren't quoting at all. So I think the best bet is for everyone who likes to use CQ to just keep checking with them. They're obviously trying to iron out their problems with HAL and I sure hope that they can.[/font]

[quote name='1cruiselvr']This sounds very familiar - didn't CQ just go thru this with HAL bookings awhile ago and didn't CQ say they had resolved their booking issues with HAL? I'm confused.
Happy Sailing![/QUOTE]
Yes, you're right about that. I was given to understand they thought it was all resolved. Guess not.

I cant imagine CQ would want to lose a large cruiseilne like HAL and vice versa. I thought CQ was one of the " big ones" booking lots of cruises. People post about CQ on other message boards as well as this one.
Very odd situation.

Archived