Just got back from Patouche

idjaffe

Had a GREAT trip!

We took our twin 5 year olds on the motor trip over to the baths and then through the caves.

Julie, Jason and everyone were GREAT with them. Jason made the trip! He showed my kids how to snorkle, pulled them along, pointed out all the great fish, guided them through the caves, and generaly had a great attitiude!

Can not recommend enough!

Idjaffe

Idjaffe,

My family is booked with Patouche to go to the Baths in February. My 6 year old daughter and 10 year old son will be with us. Do you have any tips or advice you could give us? I was wondering if there is anything we should bring with us.

ThANKS,

Nolyd

Did the baths last year and my 5 year old already has done it twice. If water if not rough then you will be okay. Water shoes a must, rocks get slippery, maybe swimmies for little ones if they cant swim (on other side of baths is a beach which the water can be rough) depending on the weather. we were able to go through the baths the first year but the second the water was so rough hardly anyone did them.

Request that Jason be the mate on your trip....hew was FANTASTIC with my kids.....can not say how great he was with them....

My little boy STILL talks about "his friend" Jason being one of the best parts of the whole cruise!

Nothing.

Leave the beach toys and towels on board.

You can wear the shoes if you must, but I preferred the fins. When we got to the shore we walked in bare feet and carried fins and masks.

We only had a couple of minutes on the actual beach, and then swam back to the boat.

You are wet throughtout the baths, so no need for a towel.

no and no....but it was not an issue for us.

The swim took about 30 minutes, and then the "climb" (path) took another 25-30.

The swim back to the boat was straight out - 5 min.

Plenty of water, punch, soda, etc. once you get back on board.

It was the best excursion of our trip!

So did you carry your fins and mask all thru the baths or did you leave them somewhere on the beach? What were the times of your excursion? Would you be nervous to take this trip if your ship was only on the island from 7am till 1 or 1:30 pm? Thanks!

Carried them with us.

We got back to the dock at 12:30. I would ask Julie that question. She is very pleasant, and everything she told us was 100% true.

In fact, we did not dock till 9AM, so she set up the excursion to first leave at 9:30.

Worked perfecty.

I brought a waterproof backpack with me because I don't snorkel. Jumped in swam to shore and lay on the beach with my dry towel and a snack till eveyone got back. Didn't really believe the backpack was waterproof but it was!

I brought a waterproof backpack with me because I don't snorkel. Jumped in swam to shore and lay on the beach with my dry towel and a snack till eveyone got back. Didn't really believe the backpack was waterproof but it was!

Could you please tell me where you bought your waterproof backpack. I would love to buy one.

This sounds like a great time! I found the website but not sure on prices. How much are children under 11? adults? It sounds like they will work with you on the time that your cruise ship gets in, is that right? Thank you!

Email Julie for more information at patouche@surfbvi.com she responds rather quickly, and is very friendly. I emailed her about times, and she really reassured me that they would get us back to the ship on time...since were only in port from 8-1.

Were doing the half day excursion and by booking on the site the price is only $54 a person for adults......no children in our party so I don't know what they charge for them. Price includes endless ice cold beverages, and snorkel equipment as well as the guided tours..:)

Archived