Star Suite Advice?

KatWag

Hi Everyone,

We sailed the Star in Hawaii a few years ago and loved it. We're thinking about doing the Feb 20-28, 2008 Mexican Riviera trip as a combined celebration for our 25th Anniversary and my husband's 50th birthday.

We had a penthouse at the front of the ship for Hawaii. (10508 was the number, I think). We loved the room and all the great perks, but couldn't use the balcony very often since it was pretty windy whenever we were underway.

Since it's for a special occasion, we're planning on springing for a suite again. But I'm wondering if we'd be better off getting one in a different location. Anyone tried the ones on the sides or the aft? Were you happy with them? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi Everyone,

We sailed the Star in Hawaii a few years ago and loved it. We're thinking about doing the Feb 20-28, 2008 Mexican Riviera trip as a combined celebration for our 25th Anniversary and my husband's 50th birthday.

We had a penthouse at the front of the ship for Hawaii. (10508 was the number, I think). We loved the room and all the great perks, but couldn't use the balcony very often since it was pretty windy whenever we were underway.

Since it's for a special occasion, we're planning on springing for a suite again. But I'm wondering if we'd be better off getting one in a different location. Anyone tried the ones on the sides or the aft? Were you happy with them? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

We sail on the Star's sister ship, The Dawn. We have sailed in 9502, 9506 & 10506 and have found the balcony windy when sailing. We have also stayed in a stern suite 9236 and will be sailing on 1/28 in 10728. We were able to use the stern balcony all the time even when sailing. There's now wind.

The cabin is the same size, but the balcony is much smaller.

I would try for a stern balcony the ones on deck 10 have larger balconies than on deck 8 or 9. Grab one of them if you can.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

If you really want to use the balcony that much, you may want to consider an AD or AE off the aft. Personally I prefer the forward suites (deck ten AC's). We don't use the balcony that much during the day. But, you cannot beat breakfast on your balcony sailing into port.

PE

http://community.webshots.com/user/planersedge1 shots of our AC's the past couple of years on the Jewel.

We sail on the Star's sister ship, The Dawn. We have sailed in 9502, 9506 & 10506 and have found the balcony windy when sailing. We have also stayed in a stern suite 9236 and will be sailing on 1/28 in 10728. We were able to use the stern balcony all the time even when sailing. There's now wind.

On your 9506 did you have the side balcony, too. We are in 9506 on Star and are wondering if wind would be a problem on the side balcony?

On your 9506 did you have the side balcony, too. We are in 9506 on Star and are wondering if wind would be a problem on the side balcony?

Yes, you have a very nice side balcony with a table and 4 chairs. A great place to have breakfast in port. The wind isn't a problem there, you are sheltered by the bathroom.

You're going to love both balconies and the TREMENDOUS bathroom.

Use the butler and concierge, they are there to make you voyage memorable.

Check out our pics on our webshots link below.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

We looked at your pictures...LOVED THEM! wow. Glad to hear that the wind won't be direct on the side balcony. I do think we'll enjoy the butler and concierge but what things should we have them do? We want to make sure we get the most of this probably once in a lifetime treat!

Archived