Belize Manatee Excursion

Nanners214

We had originally planned to do just that on our trip to Belize, but they cancelled the tour for lack of interest. That being said, we received our deposit refund before we ever left for the cruise. If you get to do it, please report back. I'd like to know what I missed. ;)

Hi,

We are recently back from our Carnival Miracle cruise. This was our first time in Belize.

We booked the Manatee Watch/snorkel/beach excursion with Coral Breeze Tours.

I have some good and some not-so-good things to report. First of all we did have a pleasant day over-all. Next time we would probably try something different.

It was not our favorite tour.

I chose them because of their nice and professional website, and we are a manatee-loving family.

Their email communitcations with instructions of what to bring with us /times and directions were professional and throrough. It was easy to find them torward the back of the pier.

They also keep great track of everyone's ship schedules of when everyone is tendering in, and they also knew exactly when everyone needed to get back to their ships.

The staff and crew of the boat all spoke english and were kind and professional. The snorkel equipment included in the tour was all in good shape.

The four of us arrived on time for our excursion but we ended up waiting for an hour for the rest of the group to arrive to begin the tour. There was a family of 18 that had some issues tendering in that morning.

When everyone was there, we did feel very crowded on the boat. It was very difficult to move around...put on sunscreen or get something out of your bag due to all the people.

The manatee watch was dissapointing. We only caught a glimpse of one as it passed by. The captain and crew tried really hard to find us one, but manatees were evading us that day.

After giving us we went to the area to snorkel The snorkel portion of the tour was nice. The staff was very watchful to keep us all safe. Again though, we did some bumping into each other due to the seemingly large group that they had us in. Of note, maybe the weather or the current that day....it was not that easy of a snorkel! I had to help my kids a bit.

After the manatee watch and snorkel, they dropped us off at a lovely beach/island for a break. We were hungry so we went to the cafe there. Big dissappointment. We wasted all our time waiting in line there for our lousy hot dogs and fries that we missed out on beach time. We scarcely took a 5 minute walk before they were calling us back. Since the tour had left so late that morning, I am sure that is why the beach time ended sooner that day.

As promised, they got us back in time to wait 30 minutes in line to get back on our ship's tender!

Anyone with ??'s

• 1 month later...

Archived