Mercury to Alaska 8/20/04

poma

I have been told ours have been printed!

Excursions all sorted out!

Res Agent in London had flowers delivered!

Spent last night designing door decoration!

Looking forward to it all. Portland, Seattle, Cruise, Seattle

And meeting you all

ROdney

......kilted, I can see most of the attachment but I have to tilt my head sideways and it is giving me a headache..:D .better watch out for the "door decor police".

.....I have sailed Mercury, I have sailed Alaska, just not at the same time. If you take the best half of each of my cruises and put them together, well that is what you all have to look for ward to, have a great time.

16_3_168.gif

It looks great!!. What kind of putty do you prefer for attaching it to you door, or are you a duct tape afficionado? I'm curious, is the reason for the decoration decorum, sense of patriotism/fellowship or an easy way of recognizing YOUR cabin on the off chance that you are forced to partake of a tad too much rum? Have a great cruise!!

No idea

I've never heard of the idea before i saw it on the boards

If i have to give a reason its to show the high esteem i place on America and the Americans as one of our few real friends in the world.

Rodney

......kilted, I can see most of the attachment but I have to tilt my head sideways and it is giving me a headache..:D .better watch out for the "door decor police".

.....I have sailed Mercury, I have sailed Alaska, just not at the same time. If you take the best half of each of my cruises and put them together, well that is what you all have to look for ward to, have a great time.

16_3_168.gif

I've twisted it new attachment below

1665823082_flagpost4b.jpg.a7875197394362b75698d13eb40a584f.jpg

Did anyone happen to inform you that this is a Group Cruise for the Irish-Iraqui Global Friendship society?

Actually on a serious note is a kilt worn for formal purposes? I noticed on our last Celebrity cruise that a couple of guys were wearing kilts instead of tux on formal night.

It is to a certain extent the top half that make the difference.

I were the same kilt, belt and sporran for most events. An exception being that for Scouting I wear lovat hose (socks) and a plain brown sporran.

For day wear I wear a Tweed Argyl jacket. (Tailor with horn buttons) A white what i think the americans call dress shirt and a plain necktie (blue or green) that are the same colours as those in the tartan of my kilt - note, not a tartan tie. Or, i wear an open neck shirt for hot days etc.

For evenings non-formal I wear a black Argyl jacket with silver buttons on frony. sleeves and shoulders, same shirt and tie as above. Also a Jacobean shirt can be worn - this is pullued over the head and has a lace up 'neck'.

For formal wear I wear the Charlie jacket with waistcoat. The jacket is not deisgned to do up and is very short with a kind of tail. A belt is not worn in this mode. I wear what the english call a dress shirt, I like the winged type with a black bow tie. Other wear a shirt with a jabot on the front- that is the highly frilled lace.

In all honesty a kilt can be worn from sun up to sun set being dressed up or down as the need arises.

As you may know the original dress for men consisted of a lenght of woven cloth - the plaid which was laid on the ground and the pleats laid into one end, the wearer laid down and wrappred this end round them, holding it in place with a belt. The other end of the lenght was brought over the shoulder and held in place with a brooch fastening. At night the material was used to wrap oneself up in.

Hope I havent gone on too long but the history of the kilt is fascinating

My own has over 25 feet of material at 16ozs to the 3 foot, but I am never either too hot or too cold.

Rodney Turner (Sept of the clan Lamont)

For more information go to

http://www.majestictech.com/the-celtic-net/kilthistory.html

Did anyone happen to inform you that this is a Group Cruise for the Irish-Iraqui Global Friendship society?

Actually on a serious note is a kilt worn for formal purposes? I noticed on our last Celebrity cruise that a couple of guys were wearing kilts instead of tux on formal night.

That will be interesting- half the group wont move from the bar and the other half won't go near it, but sales of soda cards will rocket!!

No offence to anybody intended, just a stereo-typical joke

Archived