Supper Club Questions

LoraJ

It's been a while since I have cruised. So the Supper Club thing is new to me.

I did a search and got most of my questions answered, but there are still a couple I could not find the answer to.

1. What is the dress code? Is it same as the dining room? Or jacket required?

2. How long does the typical meal last?

We are on a chartered cruise with my favorite band. We want to go to the Supper Club on one of the concert nights so that we don't have to rush from our late seating to the show. I am just trying to figure out what time our meal should start if I want to get to the Follies Lounge at 9pm-ish. With maybe 10 minutes for a pit stop.

3. Where can I find a menu for what they have to offer at the Supper Club. I am sure it is here somewhere right in front of me, but I am missing it.

Thank you! :)

Laura,

We did the supper club on our cruise in early Dec. Formal is the dress code.... thought I could have been seated without a tie, I think. Plan for at least 2 hours, maybe more if they are busy during the time period you are there. Our night was pretty slow, as we went early on an evening that was a in-port night, and also the ships 2nd formal night. Also, go HUNGRY. We were visited by nearly every staff member, including the chef, because we could hardly touch our entrees after all of the appetizers, salads, etc.. They were worried we were not happy with our meal. The exact opposite was true. It was fantastic and worth every penny...and much more. There was no way we could order dessert with a clear conscience, so they sent us a small shared dessert.... "compliments of the chef". it was fantastic... with truffles and some small pastries.... but still way more than DW and I could finish. We almost required wheelchairs on our departure.

Our meal in short:

1 appetizer each " Compliments of the Chef"-- very small portions but very tasty.

Various Breads

1 appetizer each that we ordered. She had the tiger prawns, I the french onion soup.

1 large salad each. ( I had the Spinach, she the house )

Entree: I had the ribeye, she the surf and turf. Each came with 2 sides plus the side we ordered.

Dessert: There were many on the menu.... but who cares?? What I really needed was a nap at this point. We still received that dessert I wrote of earlier... it was fantastic.

Hope this helps. Go to the Supper Club to book your reservation, and ask the hostess how much time you should allot for your specific night/ time.

While checking out the Supper Club area and the food one afternoon, not intending on booking, (as I thought the dress code was at least smart casual, nor did I think they allowed children), I asked what the dress code was.

I was told what I was wearing was fine (dockers and a Polo shirt). I was also told my then 6 year old could be a guest.

Our meal lasted two hours. It was great.

PS. They do require formal dress on formal nights.

Laura,

We did the supper club on our cruise in early Dec. Formal is the dress code.... thought I could have been seated without a tie, I think. Plan for at least 2 hours, maybe more if they are busy during the time period you are there. Our night was pretty slow, as we went early on an evening that was a in-port night, and also the ships 2nd formal night. Also, go HUNGRY. We were visited by nearly every staff member, including the chef, because we could hardly touch our entrees after all of the appetizers, salads, etc.. They were worried we were not happy with our meal. The exact opposite was true. It was fantastic and worth every penny...and much more. There was no way we could order dessert with a clear conscience, so they sent us a small shared dessert.... "compliments of the chef". it was fantastic... with truffles and some small pastries.... but still way more than DW and I could finish. We almost required wheelchairs on our departure.

Our meal in short:

1 appetizer each " Compliments of the Chef"-- very small portions but very tasty.

Various Breads

1 appetizer each that we ordered. She had the tiger prawns, I the french onion soup.

1 large salad each. ( I had the Spinach, she the house )

Entree: I had the ribeye, she the surf and turf. Each came with 2 sides plus the side we ordered.

Dessert: There were many on the menu.... but who cares?? What I really needed was a nap at this point. We still received that dessert I wrote of earlier... it was fantastic.

Hope this helps. Go to the Supper Club to book your reservation, and ask the hostess how much time you should allot for your specific night/ time.

Wow...that meal sounds fantastic. Let me ask you, can you get an appetizer and soup or is it an app OR soup? Although that might be too much food. I don't want to be rolled away....LOL

It's too bad that you can't make reservations before you board.

It is alot of food, but very much worth it. You get salad and appetizer. I had the Lobster bisque and it was outstanding, but it does ruin you for the lobster bisque served in the main dining room. We loved the cesar salad, my hubby had the porterhouse ( way too big to finish) and I had the lamb( outstanding , cooked to perfection) and the desert, omg the triple chocolate thingy ( just ask for the big chocolate desert) it was awesome. Of course no one can eat all of it, but try halfsies. The dress code follows the dining room I think, but wear what you would to a REALLY nice place at home. If you like good meals this is not to miss, at 30 dollars each it's a steal. You can go to the special sections on the boards and go to foodies, I think they have menus posted for the specialty restaurants.

It is alot of food, but very much worth it. You get salad and appetizer. I had the Lobster bisque and it was outstanding, but it does ruin you for the lobster bisque served in the main dining room. We loved the cesar salad, my hubby had the porterhouse ( way too big to finish) and I had the lamb( outstanding , cooked to perfection) and the desert, omg the triple chocolate thingy ( just ask for the big chocolate desert) it was awesome. Of course no one can eat all of it, but try halfsies. The dress code follows the dining room I think, but wear what you would to a REALLY nice place at home. If you like good meals this is not to miss, at 30 dollars each it's a steal. You can go to the special sections on the boards and go to foodies, I think they have menus posted for the specialty restaurants.

Yeah we are definitely going to go. $30 p/p is definitely a steal. Especially since I'm from NY and in a fine upscale restaurant $30+ is just for the entree. I was looking at the menu online and I will probably have the lobster tail as my main course. :D Absolutely love lobster.

Serene has so kindly posted this in a previous CC thread and I cut and pasted, thanks Serene!!

STARTERS

TRIO OF ESCARGOTS

Baked in Brioche, wrapped iin rice paper and

classic Bourguignone

BEEF CARPACCIO

Sliced raw beef tenderloins with shaved parmesan cheese

marinated Mache Lettuce

SHUSHI PLATTER

Ahi Tune, Salmon, Shrim and Unagi with Pickled ginger and Wasabi

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

1oz of Suvruga Cavier with tradional condiments and buckwheat blinis

an Extra $29.00 charge will apply

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Colossal black tiger prawns with american cockatail sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE

on Roasted pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC

Fleuron & Fresh cream

BAKED ONION SOUP "LES HALLES"

a parisian Classic

SALADS

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, traditionally prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

with blue cheese , warm bacon dressing

TOSSED GARDEN SALAD

Greens, radicchio, tomato wedges, Purple onion rings and watercress

Choice of House, Ranch, or bleu cheese dressing

SIDE DISHES

Baked Potato with trimmings

Sauteed medley of fresh mushroomsYukon old mash with Wasabi Harseradish

Spaghetti with fresh tomoato sauce

Grilled fresh vegetables in season

Creamed Spinach with garlic

ENTREES

BROILED NEW YORK STRIP LOIN STEAK

14oz of the favorite cut for steak connoisseurs

CLASSIC PORTER HOUSE STEAK

24oz of the best from both worlds

BROILED FILET MIGNON

9ox for the true Gourmet

CHILEAN SEA BASS

Lobster Nage-braised sea bass over young spinac and mango salad

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL

served with drawn butter

BROILED SUPREME OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN

with blackberry port wine reduction

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

double cut lamb chops

served on five-bean cassoulet and rosemary jus

BROILED PROVIMI VEAL CHOP

center cut from the highest greade milk fed veal

SAUCES AVAILABLE

three-peppercorn sauce

wild mushroom sauce

sauce bearnaise.

CITRUS CHEESECAKE WITH HAZELNUT BUSCUIT

Burnt basmati and Mango Ravioli with almosd and marcarpose jam

WASHINGTON APPLE TARTE TARTIN

served with chocolate and leon balm salad

CHOCOLATE TARTE WITH BITER CHOCOLATE PATE

rasberry & pineapple croquant, tiramisu notre facon

FRESH FRUITS

assembly of tropical fruits and berries in seasonserved with homemade sherbet

SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL CHEESES

Sandi I had the Lobster tail the last time I was on the ship, and I actually liked the main dining room one better, this was BROILED lobster and I just like mine steamed , I found it too tough, but then thats just me.

The deserts are different than Derfs post, I think his is older, I was on Glory in Sept 9 2006 and know that this is a current menu, the Chocolate tarte is the one that has three different WONDERFUL chocolate deserts (opps is my chocoholism showing) lol anyway enjoy, it's fabulous

I like my lobster steamed too. Although I may get it even though it's broiled cause I heard it's really big. :D The ones I had in the dining room on the Legend in October were quite good.

That chocolate tart sounds very tempting also. I love anything with chocolate. :D

Tom has the updated menu:

The CURRENT menu (change in the fish, no crab claws, different desserts) can be found on his SMUGMUG page - it will be the last 3 photos.

http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/gall...41/2/109008774

To view those pages simply select "O" (Original) under "other sizes".

His first night (at the Supper Club) had him devouring:

Beef Carpaccio (Other nights: Crab Cakes or Shrimp Cocktail)

Spinach Salad (Other nights: DITTO)

Yukon Gold Mash w/Wasabi (Other nights: DITTO)

Filet Mignon RARE (Other nights: Lamb Chops or Porterhouse)

Washington Apple Tarte (Other nights: DITTO!)

Hi all:

We're back from the Legend (Dec 18-26), where we ate at the Golden Fleece one evening. My impressions.....(disclaimer....I put myself through school many moons ago working in bars and restaurants, and for a time worked at a resort providing real "French Service" at dinner....so, I'm fussy...but fair, (I think) ).

*The food is excellent! Excellent preparation, nicely presented.

*The service is not "big city polished"...they do try hard, but, for example, our main waiter, when asked, told us that she has been working in the restaurant for 3 months....she was very nice, great attitude, but just not the polished service you would expect from a career waiter at , say "21" in NYC. She will be a great waiter, just not yet.

*(Here's the fussy part) The Caesar salad dressing was pre-made....the salad was mixed at the table, but with pre-made dressing. Mind you...it was very good, but, if one wants to do up the pretension of tableside service, do it right. Having said that, a good caesar dressing is not an easy thing to do (well) from scratch.

*They really put it on by claiming the wine list is "world class"....all this means is that they took the regular wine list and dropped the bottom half (price-wise) off....nothing under about $40 a bottle (if I recall correctly).I am not a wine snob (but do like wine)....we got along just fine in the $20-$25 range with the regular wine list at dinner in the regular dining room.

* My Filet and DW's Porterhouse were WONDERFUL.

* Yes...the Lobster Bisque was excellent, too.

* The desserts were fabulous!!

*The entertainment is nice...nice dinner music ( think Shade, etc)...there's a dance floor, should you like.

*Re $30 pp charge....don't forget that you've already paid for dinner in the dining room, or buffet, or wherever....so this $30 pp charge is an EXTRA charge for the supper club....but....all told , it's worth it.

*I wore a Blazer with tie....tie not really required, I guess....but like they say, dress is "elegant casual"

* They say to allow 2 1/2 hours.....that's about right....you don't want to rush it.

* Sandi...Cappuccino or espresso was included

Enjoy your dinner(s)...enjoy your cruise(s).

Kevin

Lora, if it isn't clear yet from the previous comments (and other supper club reports throughout CC), here are a few things to consider...

• You may need to make your reservations for 6pm
  • You may need wheelbarrow reservations following your meal
  • You may not be capable of dancing much
  • Smart casual is the most dressed down you can get, so you may need to grab the concert T-shirts on the way over :-)
  • You might prefer to save this dining experience for a night by itself... so that you can take your time, relax, and enjoy.

The menus don't usually list the weight or size of the entrees, but they are big... very generous. Your server, or the person in the lobby at embarkation, will show you the meat and describe the size and preparation.

Oh this is making me hungry! Mmm.

Archived