Tendered Or Docked

newbecruise

:confused: We are on the 8th Jan. Cruise and our docks sasy that we are tendered at Cozunel. I've seen once that it said that we will be docking. Now i've been to this site and it shows the Costellation has been docking the past two trips. So does that mean we might be docking rather than tendering? there are 9 ships in port that day and I think it would make for a better time if we were docked.

:confused: We are on the 8th Jan. Cruise and our docks sasy that we are tendered at Cozunel. I've seen once that it said that we will be docking. Now i've been to this site and it shows the Costellation has been docking the past two trips. So does that mean we might be docking rather than tendering? there are 9 ships in port that day and I think it would make for a better time if we were docked.

Unfortunately even with all docks repaired there is not room for 9 ships to dock.... So someone has to tender..... Do not know how they determine who does and who doesn't.....:confused:

I believe that the first ships in are the ones docked. So in reality you don't have a choice. Usually Celebrity hires a tendering company and the capacity is much larger than the tendering boats on board.

As chasetf said with 9 ships in that day MY guess is at least 5 are going to have to tender.

FF

Sometimes you are scheduled for either docking or tendering and it's changed at the last minute. on a recent cruise, we were scheduledright from the beginning to tender at St kitts. Yet when we arrived, we were docked. Go figure.

With nine ships and 15-20,000 people on shore it sounds like a good day to enjoy the Celebrity treatment on board. No problem getting a lounge chair by the pool. My experience with tendering has been fairly good especially when they contract out the large tenders. Enjoy your trip!

With nine ships and 15-20,000 people on shore it sounds like a good day to enjoy the Celebrity treatment on board. No problem getting a lounge chair by the pool. My experience with tendering has been fairly good especially when they contract out the large tenders. Enjoy your trip!

with 9 ships.....probably 22,000 plus passengers.......and with say 20% drinking heavily........4,000 plus drunks ashore as well........yep.....good day to stay on board....:)

If you tender to the Downtown pier that may be blessing! We did that last year and it was much better than docking at International pier and taking a cab downtown. Of course, this depends on whether you want to go downtown or to the beaches I suppose.

Archived