Sun Class AA suite question

can786

I a cruising with my mother next summer on the Sea Princess and decided to surprise her and upgrade us from the AC minisuite we had booked to an AA full suite. We had the same AC mini last year as we had originally booked and enjoyed it very much, but I decided that we would really enjoy the larger balcony and other perks of the full suite and she has recently overcome some health issues so I want to treat her to the suite. Anyway, the website and brochures state that the beds can be made into twins but I remember reading a while back where someone posted that an old P&O brochure (from when the Sea Princess was with them) had all aft suites and minisuites marked as queen beds only. Does anyone know if they can really be twins? Also, for any Elite CC members who have stayed in full suites where a minibar setup is part of the amenities, did you get a second minibar setup due to your Elite status? Just curious.

We just returned from the Sea and had an AB mini, aft. I had read where there could only be queen bed configuration but that is not true on the Sea. They were two twins pushed together. I am sure the AA suite next door had the same thing.

As for the Bar set up. Unless you kick up a fuss, you will only get one set up which takes into consideration you are Elite and in a full suite. But I have read that those that go down and complain, and complain, and complain have been able to get a second set up at no charge. So, this would be totally your decision how far you feel like pushing it. I agree, if you book a full suite and are Elite, there should be two free initial set ups, but that is not the case unless you push the issue.

Thanks Toto. I'm glad to hear the queen beds really are two twins. As much as I love my mother, we don't care to share a bed, though if all else fails I can always sleep on the sofa bed in the living room. We had the same concern last year with the AC minisuite and were pleasantly surprised to walk into the cabin on the first day and find the beds were already in twin configuration.

Cathy, Well, I can only tell you what we saw last week. I know there are some ships where the aft cabins do have only queens, non-convertible, but that isn't what we had in D748 on the Sea.

We had all of the updated bedding, but the mattresses were still really really hard. As soon as we boarded, we requested the foam mattress pad and it sure did improve the comfort of the beds. You might keep that in mind to check out the mattress when you board, if it is too hard, get your room steward to put that mattress pad on so you can sleep more comfortably.

I am sure your mother will be thrilled at this surprise you have for her. And just remember, dinner in the cabin is the greatest option of a full suite.

Also, for any Elite CC members who have stayed in full suites where a minibar setup is part of the amenities, did you get a second minibar setup due to your Elite status? Just curious.

We had a AA on the Dawn (sister to the Sea) and are both Elite.

We received two bar set-ups. One @ embarkation and one about 4 hours later... no fuss, no muss and no request made. To be honest, we wondered what the second set-up was for and then realized "Ah, one for the suite and one for Elite!"

A nice surprise :)

We had an AA on the SEA in November.

Like Toto wrote there were two twins put together and the drawer on the right side was not fixed at the wall and could be moved. On the other sun-class ships the drawers could not be moved and due to this it was impossible to seperate the beds. But on the SEA you will be able to get the bed in a twins configuration.

When we embarked we found two bar set ups in our suite, without asking - one was for the suite and one for our elite status.

Thanks everyone. Those were the answers I wanted to hear, especially about the beds. I haven't told me mother about this yet because she will insist on paying for her upgrade if she knows and I want to treat her. If she logs into the cruise personalizer and notices the upgrade I guess I will have to play dumb and pretend the upgrade fairy visited us!

Archived