Pre Cruise Hotels in Fort Lauderdale?

pwkreis

Hello everyone...

We will be taking our next cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and were wondering what others have experienced in the Fort Lauderdale area for good places to stay pre cruise...or post for that matter??

We have already done allot of research for the best bang for the buck, but would like some opinions from all of you that have had a stay in the area. This will be the first time cruising with the kids so we want to be sure of the choice we make. Websites and pictures don't always tell truths...like we have noticed when we look at peoples candid pictures versus ones posted by the hotels.

thanks...

Check out the Eastern destinations thread...lots there, and on Trip Advisor as well. Both these sites made it easy for us to select a good hotel and rental car. We chose the Sleep Inn as well.

Bon Voyage

We are doing the Miracle October 22 '07.....it's our first out of Ft Lauderdale......one of the CC'ers from our roll call recommends the FL243A1.JPGclick Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South

I reserved these for around $60/night

I also booked an alternative

fllbp_phototour01.jpg?Log=1click Marriott Beach Place Towers....

These are held at $151/night

Now I just have to see what the group wants to do

I found this advice here once......take it for what it's worth (since it's not my information) *****this_is_taken_from_a_post_at_cru.htm

Have a great trip.

Hey there, I will answer for pwkreis, we will not be travelling until Feb. 27, 2008, but we like to get a head start. We will be sailing on the Miracle.

We see lots of info on the mainstream "Chain" hotels , I guess there will be many opinions on which hotel to stay at, most like 17th street area, but what about some of the smaller hotels, I have seen many good reviews for some of the smaller hotels as well. My question is has anyone stayed at some of the smaller hotels near the beach ? Eg. Angela's beach resort

I know this will get bumped to the departures section, but at least it is started, and we can keep it going there.

We just booked "America's Best Inns Fort Lauderdale South"- it's supposed to sit between the airport and the cruise port. It was only $90/night on Easter weekend, when all of the other hotels were $150 or more. It received a good review on Trip Advisor's site, which I always check before booking anywhere. :D

Hello everyone;

Thanks so much for all the replies.

As Ev stated we are cruising next February but it's never too early to look for a deal (and a nice place to stay)! We are taking a serious look at the Holiday Inn Express Airport. They offer a free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port as well as free breakfast! For everything you get it seemed quite reasonable and rates very highly on Trip Advisor.

Has anyone stayed in this hotel recently?? Like I said in my initial post, and have read in some of yours, some places are great and 6 months later are just not!!

thanks again for all the help...

Peter

Hello everyone;

As Ev stated we are cruising next February but it's never too early to look for a deal (and a nice place to stay)! We are taking a serious look at the Holiday Inn Express Airport. They offer a free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port as well as free breakfast! For everything you get it seemed quite reasonable and rates very highly on Trip Advisor.

Has anyone stayed in this hotel recently?? Like I said in my initial post, and have read in some of yours, some places are great and 6 months later are just not!!

Peter

Just booked the HI Express/airport - cruise Port today for our April fools/Spring Break cruise (using DH's points) - so I'd be interested in any feed back on this property also.

Also looking doe seafood/dinner suggestions......the water taxi looks interesting too.

Thanks for any help.

Sandy

sorry for this triple post - something went wrong with my computer....or the operator (me)

Hello everyone;

Peter

Just booked the HI Express/airport - cruise Port today for our April fools/Spring Break cruise (using DH's points) - so I'd be interested in any feed back on this property also.

Also looking doe seafood/dinner suggestions......the water taxi looks interesting too.

Thanks for any help.

Sandy

Archived