Biergarten on the Spirit

glen tev

Ok what can you tell me about the beirgarten on the spirit.I see on the NCL site it states Brautwerst,knockwerst,sauerkraut and beer.Now i know the beer you have to pay for but is there a charge for the other stuff.Being from upstate ny-octoberfest are one of our favorite pasttimes.so if this turns out 1/2 as well as i think it will,well i've found my favorite spot on the ship.Any info is appreciated.

I was on the Spirit last New Year's sailing & loved the Beirgarten (and the Spirit too). Chef More (pronounced Maury) was awesome; I wonder if he's still there? If I remember correctly it was only open during the warmer weather. I was all ready to go have lunch there my last sailing day but it was closed (was chilly outside). I found the food to be pretty good. Of course you probably can't beat what you're used to at an Oktoberfest festival but I'm sure you'll like it.

I'm from NY too but southern (Rockland County). Which festival do you go to? I'm dying to find a good Oktoberfest but there are no real good ones by me that I know of. The last one I went to I asked for a brautwerst and the person working the booth had no idea what that was, after I described it he said "we have hot dogs." It's really just a place that has a picnic & they call it Oktoberfest to get people to come (haven't been back since). Even if it's far from me DW & I would make it an overnight & stay at a B&B or something.

Thanks, and have a great cruise:)

We went on the Spirit about 2 years ago. It was our favorite snack spot to enjoy the afternoon sun - and the french fries were always fresh and delicious. My husband, a bit of a beer nerd, was disappointed that the beer selection was the same on the rest of the places on the ship (Bud, Bud Light, Corona.. etc.. he was hoping for some microbrews or German beers). We went on POA last March though, which had some nice selections that he was happy with, so maybe this has changed in the past few years.

Same beers as other parts of ship still. Whwn we went there was a German band playing but think they were a tour group and doing on thier own. Did lend a little more authenticity to it

Nothing like beer, bratwurst and oom-pah music. Heavenly!

We were on the Spirit prior to her last drydock refurb. It sounds like they resolved the localized cooking issues. There used to be a grill in the Biregarten but no deep fryer. A burger without fries is just not right. I do agree about the lack of beer selections for a "Biergarten".

How is the buffet for locally prepared food such as omolets at breakfast. I seem to remember the food on the buffet not being piping hot because it had to transferred from a distant galley.

PE<---loved the quirkiness of the Spirits layout...

I was on the Spirit last New Year's sailing & loved the Beirgarten (and the Spirit too). Chef More (pronounced Maury) was awesome; I wonder if he's still there? If I remember correctly it was only open during the warmer weather. I was all ready to go have lunch there my last sailing day but it was closed (was chilly outside). I found the food to be pretty good. Of course you probably can't beat what you're used to at an Oktoberfest festival but I'm sure you'll like it.

I'm from NY too but southern (Rockland County). Which festival do you go to? I'm dying to find a good Oktoberfest but there are no real good ones by me that I know of. The last one I went to I asked for a brautwerst and the person working the booth had no idea what that was, after I described it he said "we have hot dogs." It's really just a place that has a picnic & they call it Oktoberfest to get people to come (haven't been back since). Even if it's far from me DW & I would make it an overnight & stay at a B&B or something.

Thanks, and have a great cruise:)

The octoberfest at Hunter mtn in the catskills is real good.They also have a good Alps and irish fest in August.If you feel like going a little further north,.The Great escape amusment park(which is a six flags park)in the Lake george region has a real good one in Sept .The admission includes all your rides which always makes it interesting.Try eating bratwerst with a few beers and riding The Comet(or Vomit Comet as we call it)LOL.Those are the 2 we go to.If you have kids the great escape is great .very scenic part of Ny and inexpensive too being it's after labor day and off season.They just built a big hotel with a indoor water park across the street.Thanks for the info on the Spirit.

The octoberfest at Hunter mtn in the catskills is real good.They also have a good Alps and irish fest in August.If you feel like going a little further north,.The Great escape amusment park(which is a six flags park)in the Lake george region has a real good one in Sept .The admission includes all your rides which always makes it interesting.Try eating bratwerst with a few beers and riding The Comet(or Vomit Comet as we call it)LOL.Those are the 2 we go to.If you have kids the great escape is great .very scenic part of Ny and inexpensive too being it's after labor day and off season.They just built a big hotel with a indoor water park across the street.Thanks for the info on the Spirit.

I think the Oktoberfest up at Whiteface Mountain in Lake Placid is very good!

I think the Oktoberfest up at Whiteface Mountain in Lake Placid is very good!
Thats one i will have to check out.We do the one at The Great escape only because it's 10 minutes down the road,but a road trip/hotel package to whiteface may be in order this fall.Thanks

Ok what can you tell me about the beirgarten on the spirit.I see on the NCL site it states Brautwerst,knockwerst,sauerkraut and beer.Now i know the beer you have to pay for but is there a charge for the other stuff.Being from upstate ny-octoberfest are one of our favorite pasttimes.so if this turns out 1/2 as well as i think it will,well i've found my favorite spot on the ship.Any info is appreciated.

I was on a 6 night FL/BHMS trip this past August. The Beirgarten was a bar. There was nothing too special about it. No leiderhosen, no oom-pa-pa, just a bar. There was a slight selection of beers, but for a decent international variety, check out Henry's Pub next to where the shore excusrions desk is. Perhaps they have traditional German food for longer cruises, but not that we saw. However, it is right next to Raffels, so there is a variety of food very close. ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

I cruised last september on the Spirit and ate everyday lunch in the Biergarten...especially a Bavarian living over here, enjoyed some delicatesses from the old world. It was actually great food up there and the Weisbier was nice and cold. They change the items in a 3 day rotation!

Just returned from the Spirit Jan 2. The Biergarten was open every day in the afternoon usually 12-5 approx. Great hamburgers, hotdogs, fries etc. Great place to eat up there or bring the food down to pool side. Line was never long, but sometimes the order wasn't right (at least to me) it was plate, meat, bun, condiments, this caused line jumping and backing up. other days it was plate, bun, meat and the line moved better.

Archived