Valor Dissapointment

Skimby

... there was no staff available to help us with drinks (Not that we're too lazy to get our own drinks, but usually, when you sit down from a buffet line, there's a waiter to help you with drinks) ...

i can honestly say that i can never remember a time where there was not a beverage server on duty in Lido for breakfast.

the beverage servers in the dining room rotate shifts to cover morning buffets. they come around with drinks on a cart -- Pitchers of juices and pots of coffee. and of course, all self serve beverage stations are open so that you may get your own if you are in need of a refill right away, and can't get one from the beverage server b/c s/he is helping another table. so, :confused:

What!? You mean to say that price has nothing to do with it. Sure it does. It has everything to do with it. A cruise line that you pay $50 a day WILL NOT HIRE the same quality of entertainers simply because they are more to employ. And whether or not the performers go to broadway after they cruise is just a random assumption. Havent you ever heard the saying, You get what you pay for? Which by no means am I complaining simply because I dont expect to be WAITED on all the time. And I dont expect broadway performances. I have never even been to one. But the option to go to a show is nice, if its bad, it just gives my boyfriend and I something to laugh about later. You shouldnt blame anyone for the quality of the performance. Its not like the choreographers sit back and plan their routines thinking, "You know, I am sick of doing a GREAT just, lets just give them a mediocre performance." I mean come on. They do what they can, and if its not enough for you, go watch the Karaoke.

I completely agree with everything you said Chelsea.

What!? You mean to say that price has nothing to do with it. Sure it does. It has everything to do with it. A cruise line that you pay $50 a day WILL NOT HIRE the same quality of entertainers simply because they are more to employ. And whether or not the performers go to broadway after they cruise is just a random assumption. Havent you ever heard the saying, You get what you pay for? Which by no means am I complaining simply because I dont expect to be WAITED on all the time. And I dont expect broadway performances. I have never even been to one. But the option to go to a show is nice, if its bad, it just gives my boyfriend and I something to laugh about later. You shouldnt blame anyone for the quality of the performance. Its not like the choreographers sit back and plan their routines thinking, "You know, I am sick of doing a GREAT just, lets just give them a mediocre performance." I mean come on. They do what they can, and if its not enough for you, go watch the Karaoke.

I completely agree with everything you said Chelsea.

I just got off the Valor and found it to be everything I expected. I was suprised to see that there was servers serving drinks at the lido buffet. The past cruise I was on I didn't expect that and I didn't see it.

I found the shows to be entertaining, it's not broadway... I know everyone else has already said that but if you don't like the shows then don't go. There are plently of other things to go and do. Instead of sit there and watch a show and complain about it....

We all had an awesome time, a vacation is what you make of it!

Archived