diving in Grand Cayman

nowendy

DH and sons love to scuba dive. They have only dove in Coz and this was from the beach in Chakanab PArk. From researching the boards, it seems like all the dive trips are by boat. Does anyone know if they have any trips that you just enter the water from the beach? The reason i ask this is because I always stay behind with my 7yr while they are out.

Thanks,

DH and sons love to scuba dive. They have only dove in Coz and this was from the beach in Chakanab PArk. From researching the boards, it seems like all the dive trips are by boat. Does anyone know if they have any trips that you just enter the water from the beach? The reason i ask this is because I always stay behind with my 7yr while they are out.

Thanks,

I dont know the answer, but Im sure someone on the scuba board would

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=40

Yes - check the scuba forum

but I'd say Eden Rock or Sunset House

You trip over Eden Rock once you leave the downtown tender landings.....but for that same reason expect it to be crowded

http://www.edenrockdive.com/

My choice is to go about a mile south the Sunset House. Easy shore dive but lots to see. This is a hotel that caters to hard core divers who will also be diving the local sites in the afternoon. Plus, a nice bar/restur right next to the dive entry area for mon....

sunsethouse.com

both have dive shops 'right there' with plenty of rental gear....

Better shore diving in Cayman is found further from the cruise terminals.

You could all go up to the Turtle Farm area. A very short walk down the road from the Turtle farm is DiveTech with a beautiful shore dive. You could take in the Turtle Farm with the 7yr old while the others dive.

Archived