CruisingIsLife

Cruising Wonder

I read your post and also looked at your website. I must say I enjoyed reading it as I have never been on a cruise and the first cruise I will be going on is on the Caribbean Princess. The things you had scanned and said on your website really helped me out. I was just wondering if you ever got a chance to see the chapel on the Caribbean Princess? If so, could you tell me alittle bit about it? My first cruise will also be my wedding/ honeymoon cruise.

Thanks for any help you can give me. It is greatly appreciated.

Shari

Shari,
I'm not Chris/CruisingIsLife, but just wanted to say that you can get a glimpse of the chapel by going to princess.com, clicking on ships, Caribbean under Grand class, then virtual tour (?) or some wording that indicates a tour of the different areas of the ship.

I have a photo of the Hearts & Minds Chapel on the Grand (sister ship), but can't figure out how to post it. It would be best if you email me at [email]Fellows@worldnet.att.net[/email] and I can email it to you -- I know how to do emails w/photos. Put cruise critic in the subject line or it might get deleted.

Sorry, the wedding chapel is not in the tour on princess.com, but I have 2 digital photos that show the chapel decorated for a wedding & I'll email them to you if you like. Just send me your email address.

I don't have pics of the Caribbean Princess chapel either, but I can tell you ALL about being a Princess Bride. I was married on the Star Princess last September. I wrote a very lenthty review explaining in detail the Wedding Experience procedure, etc:
[url="http://reviews.iserver.net/PrincessCruises/StarPrincess11.htm"]http://reviews.iserver.net/PrincessCruises/StarPrincess11.htm[/url]
I have photos of chapels on various ships, but not yours so you probably don't want them. If you to see my wedding pics, I'm happy to share them also. You can see the great variety of photo spots you can get. We paid for the biggest baddest photo package because, in my opinion, that was one of the best reasons for getting married on the ship. ;) If you want to see them, send me an email and request my wedding pics.

GloriaF and Suzy Cruisy,

I would very much like to see both of your pictures as I feel that would give me some sort of idea in what to look for. Suzy Cruisy, I would really like to see you wedding pictures, as maybe that will give me some options of must take pictures. Also, what things do I need to know when it comes to the whole wedding thing? Did you add extras? What were they like? In the wedding ceremony outline did you put in the words "Who gives this woman away?" Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you to both for replying to my post. My email is [email="t_dungey@sbcglobal.net"]t_dungey@sbcglobal.net[/email]

Look forward to seeing your pictures. Hope you had a great night.

Shari:p

Come to think of it, I never did see the chapel and that was on my list of things to do.

I know that you supposedly see a live shot from there on the Princess webcam, supposedly so you can watch a live wedding in progress.

I've always been skeptical.

I wanted to see that for myself, stand in front of the camera which has always shown a completely empty wedding chapel every single time I've looked at it and wave to some Internet predator looking for a thrill.

I do know that happening into an area of the ship where a wedding is being held is an odd thing for those not in the party.

This has happened to me a couple times and my first reaction is "Dang, those people sure are anxious for Formal Night....we haven't left the dock yet!"

Then I see the bride and groom with that "Wow, I'm on top of the world and we are King and Queen of this whole deal" air about them and wonder how long it will be until they come down off their wedded bliss high and are standing next to regular people in the line for a bingo ticket.

Chris,

Thanks for replying to my question. I have seen the chapel in the webcam pics, but I thought if you had seen it in person, that I would rather hear it from your perspective as your comments were so informative. We are getting married on a day that will be special to us, so being around people on the formal night will be great. We will all be dressed up and a bunch of regular people. I just hope I get the type of people on our cruise as you had on the last.

Thanks,
Shari

Shari,
My photos have been sent of the wedding chapel on the Grand. I suspect the Caribbean, being a sister ship of Grand, will be similar except for maybe a few new and improved details. I'm glad I took the photos so I could send them.

Suzy's info will be best, as she has first-hand experience. She is also a TA, so you can trust all her info to be correct as well.

Archived