Harv and Marv's for Whale watching?

Heartdoc

when we were planning our cruise for last sept, i had thought "how nice to book harv & marv for the family". thought it would be so good for the FIL (who needs bathrooms near by). eileen was so nice to work with, wish it would have happened. but the family didn't want to preplan anything. i ended up going with capt larry's..just on price. both have great reps, both are great to work with, both are local.

check out the website for harv & marv, if they have a full boat (6) the cost is one thing, goes up for less people on the boat. i really wanted to go out on a small boat, with just the family. still sorry it didn't work out. i think the FIL would have loved it, he has never seen a humpback. as it was he didn't leave the cruise ship.

if you have 4 or more you are booking for..fair price and personal service.

for only 2, the price is a little higher unless they have other booked for that same cruise.

Harv & Marv are good friends of mine, and both are some of the more active charter operators in Juneau.

Of course, I'm a bit biased, but I always prefer small, private tours. The more exclusive and private the group is, the better. You'll get more 1 on 1 with the Captain and Naturalist, and there's never fighting for rail or window space to see. Further, if your group wants to stay and see more of whatever has caught the boat's attention, you don't have many other folks with other interests. The Captain can literally tailor the tour just for you...no worries about what other folks on the boat might want.

In all fairness, Orca, Dolphin and Allen Marine (sorry if I missed anyone) all run great tours too. The animals, water, viewing locations, etc. are all generally the same. A smaller boat tour - Harv & Marv, Ceco Marine, Alaskan Marine Adventures, Alaska Whale Watching, etc. has the luxury of being custom for just your group.

Ask if Eileen is baking cookies the day of your excursion! :D

-Case

Archived