Online shoppers

Caris

I have learned so much from the wonderful people on this board, I thought I'd share something I recently learned from another board.

There is a website where you can get rebates from, for nearly every online purchase you make! I wish I'd found out about it before I had the biggest part of my Christmas shopping done!

Anyway, I thought I'd share it with my cruise crittic fashionistas! It's called Mr Rebates dot com. and there is another called Ebates dot com, but on the Qboards everyone seemed to prefer mr rebates, so that's the only one I signed up for. But, it has nearly every online store you can think of, even Travelocity and Expedia (oh how I wish I'd known sooner!!!). You have to go thru the website to click on the store, to get the rebate. It also will tell you any valid coupons for the site you want to shop at.

Anyways, here's a link...if I did it right :rolleyes:

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=147962

Have fun and enjoy.

Caris

There use to be a sign up bonus for you and me if you were referred. You can do it without the referral, and honestly I don't think there is a sign up bonus anymore.

I only just learned of this through the QVC boards, if you go there and do a search, it's a well-known site (as is the ebates dot come) and some people do the other one too.

I love this site, and earned nearly $14.00 in rebates, just in the last couple of weeks.

Just thought I'd share. If you don't want to go thru the referral link, don't.

It's just mrrebates {dot} com

Sorry if it offended you :( I was thrilled to learn about it, as was my mom and sister. Just wish I'd known about it earlier. Shrug

Caris,

Thanks for sharing the info with us!

I'm sure most here appreciate your sharing. I do! And even if you were to get a little som'thin for a referrel, who cares?

On another forum I'm on, we share sites that give points and save us money and we go out of our way to create a referrel list for the next person in the thread. It's called a Conga Line and we're all happy to do it for one another.

If On Board is suspicious or annoyed that you might get a bonus for your referrel, methinks that the spirit of the holiday season has already left him/her! :(

Jane,

Thank you so much for that and *hugs to you*.

Your advice is always so helpful and I always appreciate your thoughtful posts.

I think people who shop online will really be happy they know of this site so hopefully they did not get scared away :)

I had thought there was a $5.00 sign bonus for me if I referred someone, and the person signing up was to get $25.00. I kept asking my mom if she forgot to sign up under me, cause neither of us got the bonus. I was just talking to her and we discovered that sign up bonus was for the ebates site, which I didn't sign up for as most people posted they like the mr rebates better. This site give the referring person 20% of the rebates of the people who sign up. But it doesn't affect their rebate at all. I signed up under another poster too. It's all spelled out on their website if you you go look. I just hadn't looked that deep before.

Oh well...if you sign up you will enjoy it if you remember to use it!

Thanks again Jane, I appreciate your post!

Cari

I'm a member of Mypoints.com and in 2005 I received 1000 American Airline FF points and this past year, $100. in Gift Certificates to Bloomingdales.

Many of the points are accrued by answering their silly surveys which take me about 30 seconds as well as some online shopping, though I honestly don't shop online with the big merchants all that much. So, it's a sweet deal for me.

I'll have a look at MrRebates and see which one might be the better deal for me and stick w/ mypoints or switch.

Caris,

Thanks for the kind words. I just hated seeing someone be accusatory that the sharing of info was for your own personal gain. Very silly!

BTW, for anyone that might not know....

Before making an online puchase, check w/ promocodes.com to see if the merchant you're purchasing from has any current discounts or free shipping deals. I recently ordered a small bookshelf online and just before hitting the "place order" button I remembered to look at promocodes and luckily I found a 20% off code for that merchant! :D

Caris,

How nice of you to share this information with us. I agree in wishing I had know earlier, just spent $600 online and could have used the rebate.

Now I am signed up and the list is in my shopping folder.

Thanks again and I hope you and yours have a Happy New Year.

Lois

Nice site. Not sure if I will sign up or not.

Am a member of ebates and in the 3 years I've been a member so far I've received $200 in rebates, of which only $15 is for referral. Plus on ebates it only takes $20 to get your first check, and boy did that seem like it took forever.

But whatever site you use it sure is nice to get money back on what you would purchase anyway. So why not use them. Just be sure it is free to join, one site now has many stores that you have to pay to be able to get the rebate when other sites don't for the same stores.

Archived