Verandah Deck Fantasy

me and the boys

Hello

This will be my 3rd cruise with carnival and my FIRST time using a PVP and IS GTY. We're sailing on the Fantasy 7/9/2007 from New Orleans and booked IS GTY, my PVP left a voicemail today stating that with my past guest discount she assigned me to cabins V28 and V40. (I've only had cabins on Riveria and Empress). I've never sailed that far up. Has anyone sailed in these two cabins? Did you feel much motion?

Thank You in advance:)

Ecstasy June 2006

Celebration May 2005

for me it's not really the level of the deck (i've declined upgrades to a higher deck where the cabin is forward), but more about the location of the cabin. i'd rather be midship or aft. personal choice. if the front of the ship doesn't bother you, then you'll be fine (though i don't know what time the Gym above you gets crankin').

We were in V15 on the Fascination last week. One afternoon (and night) it was really rough -- going from Key West to Cozumel. The whole ship was rocking. Drinking in Key West probably hurt people more than usual that afternoon and night. I was in the cabin in the afternoon and wasn't loving the rockin and rollin. Went down to the promenade and sat for a while. There was definitely less movement there.

Besides that one day, it was great being on the verandah deck. We were right near everything -- spa, fitness center, lido deck. Usually we are on the bigger ships and get a mid-ship cabin. We noticed that we had much less walking to do on this ship -- due to the cabin location, as well as the size of the ship. Hardly ever needed the elevators.

Other than that one storm we must have gone through, the movement felt the same everywhere on the ship (that is, I didn't feel it at all anywhere).

Enjoy your cruise!

I've never sailed that far up. Has anyone sailed in these two cabins? Did you feel much motion?

Did one of those interior Verandah cabins a few weeks ago on Inspiration. It was a great vacation, but I learned a valuable lesson about that cabin location if encountering some rough waters. I did a new review that you can read on the main CC Reviews tab, if you're interested in one other person's opinion. Have a wonderful vacation, and Bon Voyage!!

If you are concerned about the motion of a ship rule of thumb is the closer to the waterline you are the better off you are. Close to waterline and centerline of ship is least motion for those who are sensitive. Cruise ships have stabilizers to minimize motion. Took RCI Mariner a couple weeks ago and a couple days we were rocking and rolling. Only the drunks were walking straight. Didn't notice anyone hanging off the rails though. :D

Archived