Room questions on the Zuiderdam

Orcrone

The upper decks of the Zuiderdam has an hourglass shape, where the ship is narrower in the middle than on the bow or stern. The upper promenade deck has verandahs in the sections that are flared out, with lifeboats in the middle. If you're on one of these verandahs on the upper promenade do the lifeboats block your view forward or aft?

Looking at the Deck Plans on HAL site, which I realize are not 100% accurate, it appears that life boats are only partially covered by deck above. If this is true, you would be able to see a portion of the life boats if you looked straight down from your balcony. Most times you are looking out to sea so this should not be a major problem.

I have the same question since we are considering SS Suites on decks 6 or 8.

Can anyone verify if life boats are visible from balconies above? Not a big deal but I would like to know.

:)

On the Oosterdam deck we were on the Rotterdam deck and you could not see the lifeboats sticking out down below.

I believe that the cabins that Orcrone is talking about are the ones located on the upper promenade deck. The cabins right next to the life boats will definitely see them. But cabins further away from the lifeboats won't be as bothered by them.

:)

Archived