Change from Sun to POA problems

Murt

When I found out we were changing from the Sun to POA on the 10/10/07 sailing. I wasn't too happy but thought, hey, I am going on a cruise still. I contacted my travel agent to find out where out new cabin will be located only to be told our reservation had been canceled by NCL. She didn't cancel it and doesn't know why NCL canceled it. I am not a happy camper at this point.

Has anyone else had this type of problem happen to them for this sailing? If so, what did you do?

DesertDoers

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifExcellent service in switch from Sun to PofAloha

Had to mention that we were on the Sun, 9/29/07 and she was relaced by the PofAloha. NCl handled everything extremely well. New cabin almost in exact location, etc. I chose, however, to drop down a category (BB to BC) so as not to be under buffet or pool (PofAloha has less decks). Took 2 phone calls, but 1st was in the PM and hard to get authorized personnel late in the evening. Next morning I got exactly what I wanted and am very happy with the new itinerary. Would have preferred the Sun, but staying in the islands for the entire voyage more than makes up for that.

Rep at NCL was very appreciative that I was patient and knew exactly what I wanted to accomplish when I called them. They apologized several times that I had to be put on hold. Later a PCC called me and I asked him to check that my obc was still listed and found that NCL had given us an additional small obc. Not expected, but very nice and gives one a pleasant feeling.

The above was posted as a thread by me earlier today--I would suggest that you get your facts together, see what your TA can do and if not satisfied call NCL and ask to speak to a supervisor. Be prepared to wait a few minutes and be pleasant.

Be sure to know exactly what you have paid for and the amount and dates of your deposit, etc. As the ships are different I would be prepared to suggest a reasonable alternative to what was originally booked. My personal experience suggests that they are trying to please their clientel, but a happy person often gets more accompished than someone who starts out disgruntled.

Best of luck,

Del:cool:

I have a receipt and credit card statements showing I paid a deposit for this cruise. I checked my credit card yesterday and they don't show a deposit refund.

I plan on spending some time on the phone trying to get this cleared up.

I plan on spending some time on the phone trying to get this cleared up.

Good luck. Like DesertDoers, I also had good luck.

Did NCL say to your T/A, "The reservation has been cancelled." and then the T/A responded with, "OK. Goodbye."

Clearly if NCL did cancel, they should have some kind of explaining, but your T/A also sounds as if he/she could provide a little more service.

Sorry to hear this has happened and I hope you can find a quick resolution.

It's hard to say what might have happened. I use a TA and when I pay by credit card, the charge goes to the TA and they then pay the cruise line from their own account. I don't know about yours. The cruise line has messed up before and cancelled people by mistake and there have been cases where the TA forgot to make the payment or deposit resulting in a cancellation. Hopefully, one or the other will own up to what happened and make it right. Either way, it's still a pain when this happens.

My travel agent has been trying for 2 days now to find out why my booking was cancelled. All we have been told is someone canceled this booking and there are no cabins available in Penthouse AD category. They do have cabins available in a higher category but we will have to pay more.

My travel agent has been trying for 2 days now to find out why my booking was cancelled. All we have been told is someone canceled this booking and there are no cabins available in Penthouse AD category. They do have cabins available in a higher category but we will have to pay more.

two days is to long for a ta to get a response. call NCL yourself and speak to a manager and after you resolve it get a new ta. you`ll come out ahead by doing it yourself.

Sorry to hear this has happened and I hope you can find a quick resolution.

It's hard to say what might have happened. I use a TA and when I pay by credit card, the charge goes to the TA and they then pay the cruise line from their own account. I don't know about yours. The cruise line has messed up before and cancelled people by mistake and there have been cases where the TA forgot to make the payment or deposit resulting in a cancellation. Hopefully, one or the other will own up to what happened and make it right. Either way, it's still a pain when this happens.

Why does your TA do things this way instead of charging right to the cruise line?

I have heard of agencies doing this before but I was told to run fast as they were probably having cash flow problems.:confused:

Bill

Why does your TA do things this way instead of charging right to the cruise line?

I have heard of agencies doing this before but I was told to run fast as they were probably having cash flow problems.:confused:

Bill

Believe me, there is no cash flow problem with this agency.:D It's just an accounting thing.

I use this TA because she acts like my business is the most important thing she has to do. Even the smallest detail gets taken care of now, not this afternoon, not tomorrow. Think 1950's type customer service.

I use this TA because she acts like my business is the most important thing she has to do. Even the smallest detail gets taken care of now, not this afternoon, not tomorrow. Think 1950's type customer service.

Wow. That's really something in this day and age. I'd keep her. ;)

Got the word from my travel agent everything has been resolved. We have category AC which is comparable to the category AD we had on the Sun. Hope there are no more surprises.

Considering that the Sun this early was around 10 percent booked, NCL should be able to accomodate everyone with their three ships in Hawaii. Many of the Aloha passengers that don't want a cruise beyond one week will switch to the other ships, leaving cabins on the Aloha for the Sun's passengers.

Ditto for the ships involved in Miami. In Miami NCL is adding a fourth ship. I hope everyone is happy with their final arrangements. Have a great cruise.

Got the word from my travel agent everything has been resolved. We have category AC which is comparable to the category AD we had on the Sun. Hope there are no more surprises.

O what a difference two days make. I'm very happy to read everything has worked out all right. Both the Sun AD and Pride of Aloha AC have a forward facing balcony located under the Bridge. Now you can concentrate on relaxing and having a great cruise.

Is your sailing still going to go to Fanninng Island, or will you have an extended stay in just Hawaii with the new itineraries?

I was also transferred from the Sun 9/29 in Hawaii to the Pride of Aloha but they will not give my TA a cabin number for me. I like DesertDoers had a BB on the Sun but wish to have a BC on the POA. They can give me the same exact cabin number that I had on the Sun and I will be completely satisfied. I totally understand that things like this happen and accept it. I actually like this new itinerary better. I would have liked to have gone to Fanning but more time in Hawaii, how can you argue that. The only problem I have is NCL's lack of communication, they really need to work on that. I should NOT have been the one informing my TA of the cancellation, NCL should have done that before going public with this. Even when I called NCL right after I read about this here on the boards, I spoke with 3 differnt operators that knew nothing at all about the Sun not being in Hawaii. They insisted I was still on the Sun. That is just wrong. I truly liked my NCL cruises but as I said they need to work on their communication skills!!

Being a first time cruiser, I think I'm glad I booked my cruise through a local TA. I also I'm on the POA and she must know who to talk to at NCL. I had no trouble with obc and my room is a different number but exact location as it was on the Sun. I have a BC balcony and I am still very excited about our first cruise.

Archived