Lucayan National Park/kayak/cave/beach excursion

newistcruiseaddict

Anyone have any opinions on this tour. I'm excited about it but wondering if its worth the $89. Is the beach as GORGEOUS as it looks? How about the cave...interesting or merely a detraction? The tour is six hours long... how much of that time is spent kayaking and how much is spent lounging on the beach?

Thanks in advance!

I just got back from it and it was a blast!

I booked the kayaking/Lucayan National park, etc., tour through Carnival for myself and my boyfriend but called around and found the company that did the tour for Carnival for my parents and brothers because they didn't want to kayak. They charged us $50 pp for those who didn't want to kayak. They were SO friendly and helpful. They sent a different bus for just my family, adjusted the tour so we did the caves first and then my parents went to the beach while Bob and I kayaked... the kayaking is UNREAL. So peaceful and pretty. Fish to see along the way. It's prob. and hour and a half or so, not tiring at all.

There are fish as you go down to the beach that LOVE getting bread tossed to them. My mom was like a third grader doing that.... and I found that the red winged blackbirds that are in the mangroves will COME TO YOUR HAND and get bread to eat if you hold it out for them on the bridge.

In terms of times, the kayaking is prob. an hour and a half, the cave part, where they take you through several different ecosystems is prob. an hour... Lucayan is about 30 minutes from the port so it's a haul there and back and they might pick up others along the way (from hotels, etc.) so that takes some time but they point out a lot of intersting things along the way. They have a light lunch on the beach for you. The guides are REALLY great, especially Mark, who did our kayaking tour, etc. His sister was our driver from the port to their site and another brother assisted our kayaking and another brother was doing another tour and we met him when we got to the beach. I can't stand the tour guides who act like they're working from a script. These guides have GREAT personalities and actually visit with you and are a lot of fun. My brother sat up front with Mark and talked his ear off, I think!

Anyway, I highly recommend it and if you do it, PLEASE tell them that the Green family they spent Christmas with says hello!

Can you e-mail me the name of the company you booked through? Your day sounds like the way ours will break down; half want to kayak and the others don't. We were even thinking of renting a van and driving ourselves to Gold Rock Beach. Having been there, do you think that is a reasonable thing to do? Also, any pictures from that excursion you could share would be appreciated! This port has really been challenging for me to find the perfect excursion for us!

foleyg@comcast.net

Thank you!

Can you e-mail me the name of the company you booked through? Your day sounds like the way ours will break down; half want to kayak and the others don't. We were even thinking of renting a van and driving ourselves to Gold Rock Beach. Having been there, do you think that is a reasonable thing to do? Also, any pictures from that excursion you could share would be appreciated! This port has really been challenging for me to find the perfect excursion for us!

foleyg@comcast.net

Thank you!

Sent you an email!

• 2 weeks later...

heyitamejudy....Hello! I'm leaning toward this excursion based on your description. I will have a 4 and 6 year old with me (and my DW). Is this appropriate for them too? I think they would be fine but what do you think? Would you also send me the email for them? Thanks! n2qmt@yahoo.com

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Back in in '97 my husband and I rented a scooter and rode it to that beautiful beach. Took a while and it was a bumpy ride on a scooter, but I don't remember that it was toooo long of a ride. All I can say is figure out a way to get there and go. Of all of the beaches I have seen it was by far the most gorgeous of all. :)

Shirley

Archived